PDA

View Full Version : Vote for attractions to visit

TikiGoddess
04-15-2012, 07:04 AM
Hi all!

Time for some fun. We are planning on visiting the parks for four days this summer. This includes me, DH, DD9, and DD7. We are annual summer visitors.

Vote for which rides you think we should try this year. Vote for one or many! If you have a good reason why you picked a certain ride, let me know! (or if you didn't pick one...)

Just to let you know, these are rides that we haven't been on at any time in the recent past or ever. We do plan on hitting other rides not listed here - these are the ones that I'm on the fence including in our plans.

Thanks!
Kathy

GAN
04-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Of that list, I would say the must do's should be HoP, CoP, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic. If I had to pick one it would probably be Hall of Presidents -everyone should see that.

Dopey's Girl
04-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Carousel of Progress. It's fun, there is never any line to speak of, and you get to sit in the air cconditioning for a good long t. Perfect in my opinion for a summer trip!

DonaldDuckUSA
04-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Hall of Presidents! It's as much of a Disney classic as CoP.

Maybe it's just because I'm a super huge nerd, but it's the only place you'll ever see all of our presidents together. :flag:

I think it embodies the spirit of Disney in more ways than one. It showcases Disney talent for animatronics, tells the great story of our coutries past, and looks forward to a great future! AND it's educational!

Plus, if you're going during the summer its a great way to beat the heat!

SBETigg
04-15-2012, 12:02 PM
I've heard really great things about Flights of Wonder and I've never done it, so it is on my list and I checked it off for you as well. CoP is a must. The China movie, my kids did it without us last trip and they blamed me for making them miss out-- we usually skip it, but they loved it. And the other I checked is Backlot Tour, though it isn't what it used to be, because who knows how much longer it will be there.

DizneyFreak2002
04-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Flights of Wonder, if never done before, is something you should check out... I wouldn't call it a must do, but something to see if never seen before... Very well done and interesting...

To be honest, I thought O' Canada was pretty decent too, despite having to stand... I didn't care much for Reflections of China, though it wasn't terrible...

Mary Chase
04-22-2012, 04:21 PM
The only thing I really think is a must do is Fantasmic! We never miss it and would be very sad if we did. Such an incredible show. Many think not worth the wait (if there is only one show, they recommend getting in line 90 minutes before show time). If there are two shows, it's recommended to see the later show as you can usually walk right in a few minutes before hand and not have the crazy crowds. We usually wait in the insane line though - there is usually one show a couple times a week at best the time of year we go.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-22-2012, 06:18 PM
You have to watch the Canada movie. It is new, and actually quite good.

But, to make it even better, get close to some Canadians and hear us make comments throughout the movie. ;)

It is worth seeing once, the new one is quite cute.

ANG
04-22-2012, 08:30 PM
I think the HS attractions are perfect the ages of your kids.

bringbackhorizons
04-23-2012, 04:47 AM
CoP is a classic and the Swiss family Treehouse is a lot of fun too.

Gator
04-23-2012, 03:42 PM
I voted for two. The first is Flights of Wonder. This really is a cool show. Your kids will really like it.

The second is Beauty & the Beast show. I never miss this on our trips. It's a must. Very well done and it's a Disney classic.

ransam
04-23-2012, 05:44 PM
i picked a couple of them. but one you shouldn't miss is Beauty of the Beast if you haven't seen it. it's very well done, almost broadway quality and where can you see this good of a show free (assuming you paid the park admission).
have fun!

Scar
04-23-2012, 06:23 PM
I voted for eveything except Fantasmic!. Saw it once and was board to tears. Got conned into seeing it a second time and it was worse if that's possible. Fool me once, ...

Ian
04-23-2012, 07:28 PM
I voted for eveything except Fantasmic!. Saw it once and was board to tears. Got conned into seeing it a second time and it was worse if that's possible. Fool me once, ...:ditto:

big blue and hairy
04-23-2012, 07:36 PM
I voted for eveything except Fantasmic!. Saw it once and was board to tears. Got conned into seeing it a second time and it was worse if that's possible. Fool me once, ...

:ditto:
I'm with ya both...

:sulley:

Tink#64
04-23-2012, 11:58 PM
HOP, has been updated I believe, we don't hit this every trip, but I do enjoy it, just enough history to be interesting. COP is on our MUST DO list every trip, I just LOVE that attraction! It just screams Walt Disney to me! :cloud9: I also voted for Flights of Wonder, it's been on our To Do list several times & we've still not managed it, I've read good things about it! BATB, we saw this once, oldest DS wanted to see it & we really enjoyed it! It's been many years, but I'd very much like to see it again! :thumbsup:

goofy-4-disney
04-24-2012, 09:48 AM
I voted for HOP, COP, China movie and Canada movie. COP is a classic attraction and is great to see on a hot, humid summer day. Same goes for HOP. The movies are entertaining and are also air conditioned.

As far as what others have said about Fantasmic, I have to agree. I've seen it once and that was enough for me.

zipadeedoodah
04-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Flights of Wonder is one of my favorite shows and attractions at WDW. It's a must do on every trip. Its funny and also leaves with a great message. I never really found birds very interesting before...and this show really lets you see something different!

mydisneygirls
04-24-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm with ya both...

:sulley:

I'm with all of you!!!! :high5:

TinkerbellT421
04-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Flights of Wonder is a MUST do on every trip! I would be heartbroken if I ever missed it or if they stopped providing it. Be careful in planning though because it only plays at exact times during the day, I think the last show is around 4pm or so I believe. Plus there are several opportunities to to be volunteered which each time, is a once ina lifetime unique experience! :mickey:

disneymomma2010
04-24-2012, 04:03 PM
I voted for everything at HS. Those are some of my family's favorites! :number1:

Kairi_7378
04-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Flights of Wonder is a must-do for us. One of the better live shows we've seen, IMO.

I think your kids are a good age for COP and HOP.

CU Tiger
05-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Since I can only choose one on your list, the one on the list that stands out is Fantasmic. We really enjoy that show!:mickey:

AmyCasanova
05-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Fantasmic brings me to tears every single time I see it. I think it's the best show on the galaxy, to be honest, and I don't think anyone should ever miss it on a trip regardless of how many days they're spending there.

Also do not miss Carousel of Progress. That was practically Walt's baby.

finaldynasty
05-04-2012, 08:24 PM
I would recommend the Hall of Presidents. If your 9 year old is like mine she is learning about government in school and with this being an election year it is a good way to introduce her to the vast diversity of our presidents. I would recommend putting political parties aside and helping them to learn the importance of the office of the President.

I think you can't go wrong with any of the rides you listed

Have a magical time!