PDA

View Full Version : Segways At Epcot

txdisneyfanatic
04-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Hi! Has anyone ever done the Segway experience either @ Epcot or Fort Wilderness? We are considering doing this on our vacation in July and would like to know which one you would recommend?? Thanks!:mickey:

VWL Mom
04-14-2012, 05:03 PM
I haven't personally done the Segway but did arrange for DH to do it last year. The CM suggested Epcot for a first timer because the pavement is much easier to control the segway on. Now he has that under his belt is looking forward to doing FW where you can off-road.

I should also note that he really enjoyed riding around WS before opening.

Seasonscraps
04-14-2012, 05:35 PM
We took the segway tour at Epcot and loved it!!! DH actually took it twice.

faline
04-14-2012, 07:00 PM
We did the Epcot one a couple of years back. We enjoyed it very much!!

cer
04-14-2012, 07:54 PM
We did both on our last trip. We preferred the Epcot one.

The Fort Wilderness experience was good, but the Segways there are designed for off road and the ride was not as smooth. The Epcot one was like gliding around on glass and that tour provided more challenging 'obstacles' (which were optional of course.)

Such a great experience.

Luv4WDW
04-14-2012, 09:39 PM
We had a group of 4 take the EPCOT Segway tour last year. You get a fair amount of training, but if you've never ridden one, I'd suggest taking the tour that least interferes with other guests. They have no qualms about running in between a line of Segways, causing the tour to be disrupted, and worse, causing the Segway riders to dodge them. The tour guides did their best, but there was only two of them. World Showcase was not open yet when we took the tour, but Future World was and you start/end in Future World, so you're still encountering guests. We all had a blast. The info they give you on the tour in World Showcase is very interesting as well! I agree with the previous posters... for your first time I'd recommend the EPCOT tour.

GAN
04-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Never did the FW tour but as already indicated the Epcot tour is a great time and we thought it was well worth the money.

LVT
04-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Fort Wilderness only, We enjoyed it and did it again on the next trip.

EeyoresBestFriend
04-16-2012, 10:15 PM
We've done both and they both have some awesome points.

Epcot was smooth, informative and really interesting to tour the WS before other guests get in. Not as much fun once others guests are on the scene, as someone else mentioned.

Wilderness was rougher, just as informative and the segways are a bit more forgiving of the rider skill. Loved the outdoor trails and no other people about.

From personal standpoint ~ I would say try Epcot first and if you love it then try Wilderness. They are both really fun experiences. :cloud9: