PDA

View Full Version : Ohana Character Breakfast reviews

lawgirl
04-14-2012, 12:59 PM
We are thinking about this one...what are your thoughts?

Also, I see it is "family style". How is the seating arrangements? Are you at 1 big table with several different families? Or do you have your own table and just share with your own family?

Thanks!

tinksmom02
04-14-2012, 02:35 PM
We've done the breakfast a few times and always enjoyed it. It's served family-style, but each family has their own table (although, according to 'Ohana tradition, we're all "cousins" LOL). They bring you platters of food--eggs, potatoes, MIckey waffles, bacon, sausage. There's also juice, bread, and fruit (maybe, my memory is a little foggy). I know we saw Lilo & Stitch, but I think we also saw Mickey, Goofy, and Chip and/or Dale (again, memory is failing me).

It was an enjoyable meal. There's a parade for the kids to participate in.

ElenitaB
04-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Here are some answers to your questions, to add onto what Christi already answered:

How is the seating arrangements? Are you at 1 big table with several different families? Or do you have your own table and just share with your own family?
Each party has their own table.

The characters are Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch.

The food includes pineapple bread, breakfast breads, juice, fruit, scrambled eggs, potatoes, pork sausage, bacon, Mickey waffles, orange juice (though I remember a juice much like that served at Boma), milk, coffee, tea or soft drinks.

We really liked this breakfast: the food, the characters, the parade (even though my then-tween didn't participate), the view of MK, the much quieter atmosphere than CM, nice CMs, etc. ... all followed by a monorail ride to the Magic Kingdom. :cloud9:

DizneyRox
04-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Won't be back... Overrated is a good word. It's the same breakfast you'll get everywhere else on property. I was expecting something better than what it was.

Donald's Safari Breakfast is the best breakfast on property, characters or not.

spinnerf
04-14-2012, 08:54 PM
All character breakfasts are crazy overpriced, youre paying for access to the characters, not necesarilly quality of food. That being said, I actually like Ohanas, they gave us enough food and variety that the whole family was happy. One time when we went the character timing was painfuly slow but i think we may have hit it on a bad day. This and Crystal Palace are my favorites with a slight edge to Ohansa for a lack of "buffet line chaos".

spoiledraf
04-14-2012, 11:39 PM
All character breakfasts are crazy overpriced, youre paying for access to the characters, not necesarilly quality of food. That being said, I actually like Ohanas, they gave us enough food and variety that the whole family was happy. One time when we went the character timing was painfuly slow but i think we may have hit it on a bad day. This and Crystal Palace are my favorites with a slight edge to Ohansa for a lack of "buffet line chaos".

ACTUALLY, at $21 for adults and $12 for kids, it's probably one of the cheapest sit down character breakfasts in the entire park. We'ii be there at 8:05 in 62 days! Not too concerned about the food. Just want the little ones to have a little one on one personal time with Mickey!!!! Not to mention yours truely. ;)

Fastpasssteve
04-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Either 'Ohana's character breakfast (Polynesian Resort)
OR
1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian)
would be great options before a big day at the Magic Kingdom. They have different characters, so check it out. The food at either place is great.

SurferStitch
04-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Breakfast at 'Ohana is a must-do every trip for me!! I LOVE STITCH!!

We enjoy the food. The sausage is very good (and I'm not a fan of sausage), as are the potatoes.... and that yummy pineapple bread!! The only thing I don't care for is the bacon.... it's definitely not the quality you get at the Grand Flo Cafe!! But, I can live with it.

We've always had great service, and really enjoy the character interaction. I do wish they'd bring Minnie back.... I liked having her there along with the other 4 characters.

We will definitely be dining there on our next trip!

whitney37354
04-16-2012, 02:04 PM
This was my favorite character breakfast of the week as far as food goes. We had our best family photo taken there. DD had good character interaction & enjoyed being in the parade.

Tinkerbella16
04-16-2012, 03:11 PM
This used to be a must-do each trip when we did character meals.. now though, I'd prefer Chef Mickey's over Ohana breakfast and go to Ohana for dinner only. Chef Mickeys is just so fun and much much more options.. the best buffet on property for breakfast in my opinion.

:mickey:

Davy Crockett
04-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Loved it :thumbsup: Much better than Chef Mickey.

kangan2roos2
04-19-2012, 10:29 AM
'Ohana's is always a favorite with my family. The food is good and plentiful. The character interaction is great. We went when my son was 4 and was in love with Lilo, when we went back again 2 years later and I asked Lilo if she could believe how big he had gotten. She put her hands to her mouth like "oh my" and then put her hand down low and then up high and shook her head "no" it is something we always talk about. My son who is now 14 and 6 ft tall can't wait to ask her again ;)

ANG
04-19-2012, 01:15 PM
This used to be a must-do each trip when we did character meals.. now though, I'd prefer Chef Mickey's over Ohana breakfast and go to Ohana for dinner only. Chef Mickeys is just so fun and much much more options.. the best buffet on property for breakfast in my opinion.

:mickey:

Ditto!!

kg00616
04-23-2012, 05:21 PM
We really enjoyed Ohana! Thought the food was delicious and they were more than happy to refill whatever we asked for. The kids loved the conga line!