PDA

View Full Version : disneyland hotel renovations?

gratuspater
04-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Has the recent refurb of the hotel diminished the disney feel? The last time I stayed there, they still had the marina, dancing water show, and the koi fish ponds. For me the hotel was a destination in itself. I was heart broke to hear they were tearing all of that out. Are the repalcements for all of this worth a stay at DLH, or should I save myselp the heartbreak and stay at the GC? Thanks for any opinions!:)

tinkwest
04-14-2012, 02:46 PM
There have actually been several renovations since the days of the marina. That has been replaced by pools, Trader Sam's Tiki Bar, and Tangaroa Terrace (Dining). The waterfalls and koi ponds are gone (there is one little waterfall in that area as a reminder) and the dancing waters have been replaced by a quiet grassy area. Goofy's Kitchen is housed where Strombolli's once was and Granville's is now known as Steakhouse 55. The monorail has not moved but the Downtown Disney shops, restaurants, and theaters are actually part of that area now, rather than the DH shops & restaurants. The names of the towers have changed several times and the garden rooms are long gone. The rooms themselves have been upgraded several times and are very nice these days.

There are a lot of things I miss about the old days of the property (mainly the Monorail Cafe and the remote control boats) and I'm glad I was able to stay there during those days. But I still enjoy the Disneyland Hotel. It is more of an extension of the Resort rather than a removed destination. I don't think you would be disappointed.