PDA

View Full Version : Baby Swap

andypooh
04-14-2012, 08:47 AM
I know they are now enforcing the time on FPs. When you get a baby swap is there also a window of time you must come back or can you come back anytime during that day with the baby swap pass? Thanks.

Strmchsr
04-14-2012, 10:03 AM
It's a limited time, too. Basically it's supposed to be used as soon as one of the parents gets off the ride.

andypooh
04-14-2012, 10:06 AM
so it has 1 hour time window on it as well?

Sometimes circumstances with the little ones make that difficult, especially if the first person had a long wait to ride.

Strmchsr
04-14-2012, 02:52 PM
I don't remember the time. I remember being told "As soon as your wife gets off, you go on." It wasn't intended as a take this and come back whenever you feel like it thing, but I don't remember if there was an exact time window on it like with the Fastpass or not. And I haven't been back yet (26 days!) since they started enforcing the Fastpass time so things could have certainly changed with the Baby Swap.

Main Street Jim
04-14-2012, 03:05 PM
When I last worked at Space Mountain - which has been almost a year and a half now - there were no printed "Return times" on the Rider Switch/Baby Swap passes.

Not sure if there are times printed on those now or not; I can find out :)

**EDIT**: Just heard back from my contact at Test Track/Mission/Space/Universe of Energy. This guy is a trainer and a coordinator, so he knows his stuff :) Says there is no "time restriction" on the Baby Swaps/Rider Switches.

Strmchsr
04-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks, Jim! Good to know.

WDWdriver
04-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Yep. The rider swap pass is "intended" to be used right away, but there is no printed time window and the CMs will allow entry all day.

eandrsmom
04-15-2012, 12:47 PM
That's good to know. After waiting for over an hour for Soarin, sometimes we've needed to go to lunch because of a restless/hungry little one. We always try to use the baby swap passes as soon as we get them, so we can move on to the next attraction. However, with small children, that isn't always possible.