PDA

View Full Version : renting points

dizneydeb22
04-13-2012, 02:04 PM
We are current DVC members, but are a few points shy for our November trip. We have enough for OKW, but we want to stay at SSR. Are we able to rent the few remaining points we would need? We're only about 10 points short.

Thanks!

VWL Mom
04-13-2012, 02:25 PM
You can actually rent some points when you make your reservation. It's allowed once a year and you can get up to 25 points.

dizneydeb22
04-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Thank you Lynn! You are always so quick to answer my questions! I really appreciate it. :mickey:

DizneyRox
04-13-2012, 03:04 PM
This is something member services can help with. you can also borrow a few from next year (provided you have them). We bought a few more than we need just for these types of instances. Never been short or at a loss of points.

disneymom15
04-13-2012, 03:13 PM
You can actually rent some points when you make your reservation. It's allowed once a year and you can get up to 25 points.

Do you know what the current rate is when renting!

DizneyRox
04-13-2012, 04:19 PM
$15 per point I believe...

dizneydeb22
04-13-2012, 04:39 PM
I just called them and we are able to rent points at $15.00 per point. We plan on buying more points next year, so hopefully we do not run into this problem again. Actually we have enough points to stay again, but we want a particular resort and are just short 10 points. If we stayed at OKW or SSR we'd actually have to bank a few points. We did borrow from next year as we are not using our points next year. We are part of a wedding party next year at Disney, and don't want to separate from the group, so we are paying OOP. It is my BF and I am her matron of honor, so it is a no brainer. Besides, I'm quite excited about staying at the new Art of Animation resort!
Thanks again for everyones help! What would I do without you all!:mickey:

dizneydeb22
04-13-2012, 04:41 PM
We are current DVC members, but are a few points shy for our November trip. We have enough for OKW, but we want to stay at SSR. Are we able to rent the few remaining points we would need? We're only about 10 points short.

Thanks!

Meant to put BLT not SSR...DUH!!!!

disneymom15
04-13-2012, 05:06 PM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, BLT! You won't regret it. It's our home resort.

MinnieMommie
04-14-2012, 08:30 AM
I just called them and we are able to rent points at $15.00 per point. We plan on buying more points next year, so hopefully we do not run into this problem again. Actually we have enough points to stay again, but we want a particular resort and are just short 10 points. If we stayed at OKW or SSR we'd actually have to bank a few points. We did borrow from next year as we are not using our points next year. We are part of a wedding party next year at Disney, and don't want to separate from the group, so we are paying OOP. It is my BF and I am her matron of honor, so it is a no brainer. Besides, I'm quite excited about staying at the new Art of Animation resort!
Thanks again for everyones help! What would I do without you all!:mickey:

I'm glad this worked out for you and that you will be able to add on more points soon. We tried to figure out how often we plan to visit and then where we would usually like to stay (as you noted some DVCs are more points to stay in than others). That made the calculation of how many points we would need a bit easier.We added on after our initial purchase. :mickey: