PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Done a Disney Fairytale Weddings Vow Renewal?

DVC2004
04-12-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm not expecting many people have, but I wondered if anyone out there has done this and what were your thoughts?

I went to the website and looked at the smallest package, Memories I think it's called, because it would either be just us or us and our kids. I am interested in Luau Beach at the Poly, which was offered in that package.

I saw you get a wedding website and your guests can go on it and buy discounted theme park tickets. I am assumming the couple gets those discounts too? Are room rates discounted?

Any info would be great. I think I will also call to get more info. When we were married we could not afford a nice wedding so we were married at the justice of the peace. We thought this might be a nice way to give ourselves a special gift now later in life, at the place that has come to mean so much to our family.:cloud9:

BrerEmma
04-12-2012, 05:58 PM
I had a vow renewal at Sunset Point at the Poly back in 2006. It was wonderful and well worth it. It was me my wife and our two children. We booked our vacatrion as a room only. The next day we rented the Grand One for a cruise. I would do it again.:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
04-12-2012, 07:21 PM
I had a vow renewal at Sunset Point at the Poly back in 2006. It was wonderful and well worth it. It was me my wife and our two children. We booked our vacatrion as a room only. The next day we rented the Grand One for a cruise. I would do it again.:mickey:

Wow, that sounds like an amazing way to renew your vows!!!!

Bethanymouse
04-12-2012, 09:45 PM
We were married there in 2009. Yes, you are given a website and your guests receive a discount on specific hotels and park tickets. These discounts cant be combine with other offers (i.e. free dining, room rate discount, etc.). The wedding couple is also granted the discounted rooms/park tickets. Disney assigned us a wedding coordinator and planner to work with. They were both wonderful. Not sure how big you would like your ceremony and reception to be, but they offer MANY MANY options! Best of luck! I say go for it!:thumbsup::mickey:

DVC2004
04-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Thanks everyone for the info! It does sound wonderful.

pixiepal
04-16-2012, 10:29 AM
We just did the Memories package last July for our 30th....:mickey: at Luau Beach - it was romantic, perfect in every way (but very hot)....

As far as I can remember - with this package you don't get as many of the perks....I think total of 6 or 8 guests (we just the 2 of us)...no cake cutting, etc. Did include the bride's bouquet, violinist, picture package, use of limo or in room "romance package" - we chose the limo:thumbsup:. We added a photo session at DHS and also did a Grand-I fireworks cruise.....had our dinner at Victoria & Albert's.

Other extra costs - hair and makeup, officiant...

I highly reccomend it - (our first wedding wasn't memorable or what we wanted either)....have fun - and CONGRATS!!