PDA

View Full Version : So thankful for Disney...

Disneymom4ever
04-12-2012, 01:58 PM
I've come to realize these last few months just how thankful I am for Disney. As a lot of you know, I was diagnosed with melanoma cancer in Jan., and it's been a crazy ride ever since. I feel amazing right now, and as far as I know, am cancer free as of now. But with the odds being so high over the next few years of it coming back, I have my down times, that's for sure. (But as my doctor says, I am NOT a statistic!). But, when I feel anxious or scared, I always think of Disney World, and usually come here to Intercot. That just really helps, I tell you! It just completely changes my mood whenever I think about it! I was actually looking at videos yesterday of the different Disney resorts (that was so fun!), and just decided to plan a long, wonderful family trip next year! Now that gives me something to look forward to! :thumbsup: Anyhow, I truly am grateful for every day, and also for Walt, and what he's created. It really is the happiest place on earth! Oh, and I've decided in a few years when my youngest son graduates high school and is off to college, I am moving down to work where I've always dreamed of! Call me silly, but I've always wanted to drive the monorail! If there's one thing I've learned, it's to follow your dreams, and don't take life for granted. Now I just have to talk my non Disney DH into coming with me, lol. :mickey:

sonamae80
04-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Your post brought tears to my eyes! And how right you are! Disney is truly the happiest place on earth! I'm so happy you are cancer free, and will pray that that nasty stuff stays far, far away from you! ((((HUGS))))

Goofeygal
04-12-2012, 07:15 PM
I am so happy for you. I went through somethings a couple years ago, and I know what you mean, Disney does bring light and a smile into your life no matter what is going on.

Tink#64
04-13-2012, 12:38 AM
Lisa, What an inspiration! I completely understand you finding comfort in all things WDW, I do all the same things, particularly when i need a lift. Isn't it just amazing, what a gifted and insightful man Walt Disney was, the magic that he created, and the endless joy he has brought to so many more people than can be imagined! The world definitely needs more Walt Disney's!

I'm so happy to hear that you are triumphing over your trials, stay strong and believe in the magic! I believe it has wonderful healing powers! :tink:

wildernesslady
04-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Your positive attitude is going to get you through this. Congrats on being cancer free. Trip is planning is the best way to escape reality for awhile. Have fun planning.

Wolf
04-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Congrats on beating cancer hardcore! I don't know you but I'm thanking God you could be so strong and I'm proud of you! I think Walt meant WDW and DL for optomism as much happiness for kids, he must have known things were going to get bad sometimes and that the Worlds would be a great escape from the less-awesome-world back home.

I had a really bad problem with depression for years and whenever I would get really sad I started hanging pictures all over my walls of past disney trips, noone can cry for long when you see how much Tigger loves you. I am also very grateful for Disney, its a constant escape (Even if just trip planning or thinking back on past trips) it helps.