PDA

View Full Version : POR Renovations?

We LOVE Disney
04-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Hi

We will be at our favorite resort, POR, in 71 days :cloud9: Has anyone that's stayed there recently tell me how the renovations are going? I'm wondering specifically about the preferred buildings in the Alligator Bayou section. We booked a preferred room but don't know which building exactly we will have.

dulyjs
04-12-2012, 02:23 PM
As I look at the schedule for renovation posted on portorleans.org, it looks like one of the prefered buildings (#14) is already completed and the other three are scheduled for the following dates (subject to change of course):

#27: 05/15-06/20
#18: 05/22-06/15
#15: 05/29-06/22

Depending on delays it looks like your arrival will coincide with the completion of all of the prefered buildings.

I'll be arriving in ten days (hooray!) and I'm curious what the refurbishment of the lobby is going to do to the main building. According to Bob Jackson, the pianist at POR, it is supposed to go from 04/25 to 06/06.

Ruprect
04-13-2012, 10:00 AM
I'll be arriving in ten days (hooray!) and I'm curious what the refurbishment of the lobby is going to do to the main building. According to Bob Jackson, the pianist at POR, it is supposed to go from 04/25 to 06/06.

I'll be there at the same time. Hadn't heard about the renovations to the main building. What's the story with that.

9 days! W00t!

We LOVE Disney
04-13-2012, 12:25 PM
As I look at the schedule for renovation posted on portorleans.org, it looks like one of the prefered buildings (#14) is already completed and the other three are scheduled for the following dates (subject to change of course):

#27: 05/15-06/20
#18: 05/22-06/15
#15: 05/29-06/22

Depending on delays it looks like your arrival will coincide with the completion of all of the prefered buildings.

Thanks! I haven't heard that they were going to refurbish the lobby. Do you know what they are doing?

dulyjs
04-13-2012, 02:18 PM
I'll be there at the same time. Hadn't heard about the renovations to the main building. What's the story with that.

Since apparently they haven't started yet I'm not sure what it will entail. I got this from Bob Jackson's website:

"They are going to be remodeling the lobby of Port Orleans Riverside, and they will be using part of the lounge for lobby functions. So starting April 25, my show will end at 11 PM. The rehab work will continue through June 6. We'll get through it!"