PDA

View Full Version : Where to get best desserts in parks?

minnie-mouse
04-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Where would we find the best dessert options (especially for kids) that would count as "snack credit" on deluxe dining plan?

DVC2004
04-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Where would we find the best dessert options (especially for kids) that would count as "snack credit" on deluxe dining plan?

I think the Dole Whips in MK /Adventureland are the bomb. You can use snack credits. It's soft serve ice cream flavored with pineapple. They also offer a Dole Whip float and I think they offered soft serve chocolate and vanilla as well if anyone doesn't like pineapple.

zipadeedoodah
04-12-2012, 05:39 PM
I vote for the Dole Whip float from Aloha Isle as well! So refreshing and yummy!

You could also try the Kaki Gori (flavored shaved ice) from Japan in Epcot Have fun!

ElenitaB
04-12-2012, 10:32 PM
So little time, so many snacks.

MK — Dole whips from Aloha Island, a goody from the Main Street Bakery, anything from Auntie Gravity's (yummy soft serve)

Epcot — anything from Karamel Kuche, anything from Boulangerie Patisserie, churros from Cantina de San Angel, the list goes on and includes slushies from outside China and Schoolbread from Norway. If it's cold, it could be a warm pretzel or a piece of warm apple strudel from the CS in Germany

Hollywood Studios — the cupcakes from Starring Rolls have quite the following but I prefer the carrot cake cookie from the Writer's Stop

AK — here I actually prefer cut fruit from the Harambe Fruit Market or a chai latte slushie from the Royal Anandapur Tea Company
near Expedition Everest

Downtown Disney — not to my taste, but some do like the fried candy bars from Cookes of Dublin. I prefer a "make your own" treat from Goofy's Candy Company though they've limited the choices over the years

Clearly, I've put far too much thought and experience into this post. :blush:

Alaska Disney Fan
04-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Other than the ones previously listed. Any one of the smoothies at KRNR outside Rock n Rollercoaster in DHS.

Katzateer
04-13-2012, 08:10 AM
MK -Dole Whip

EPCOT - the caramel shop in Germany

And popcorn at MGM or Magic Kingdom!

AK-any frozen drink, don't know the park well enough for location suggestions, but we always enjoy the frozen drinks there

biodtl
04-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Dole Whip is always on the top of my list. I love that it is so refreshing and like ice cream, but non dairy.

Wolf
04-13-2012, 11:08 AM
A school bread in Norway is a must try!!

Tinkerbella16
04-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Epcot- The bakery in the France Pavilion- everything there is so good.

Chocolate or jelly sugar crepes at the kiosk in France- my fave!!!!!

Strawberry Shortcake from Sunshine Seasons! :D

DTD- sundae at Ghiridelli's yummm!!! Or Goofys Candy Co. has lots of choices

MK- The Plaza icecream parlour

elmjimmlm
04-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Sunshine Seasons in The Land in Epcot has a big selection of desserts...They have the best chocolate chip muffins!!!:mickey:

IamBelle
04-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Mk- I would say the dole whip or the cookie ice cream sandwiches at main street bakery

Epcot-the candy they sell in the Mexico pavilion is delicious! My favorite is like a marzipan but it is made of peanuts instead of almonds... Amazing!

Dhs- definitely the butterfinger cupcake at starring rolls!!!

AK- the bakery in Africa has really good desserts! I love the white chocolate elephant cupcake, it is a delicious cake with an elephant lollipop on top! They also have other cupcakes and brownies that I want to try when I go back!