PDA

View Full Version : Where would you stay and why ?

tjstrike
04-12-2012, 09:44 AM
For a family of 5. Me, the wife and 3 teenagers. We've stayed 3 times at SSR but never at OKW or AKV's. What's available for our Oct stay is :

1 - 1 bed villa - SSR

2 - 1 bed villa - OKW / not close to hospitality

3 - 1 bed villa - AKV / standard view

Mousemates
04-12-2012, 10:36 AM
I would suggest AKV as a change of pace. The pool is great and the resort has a completely different feel than your other options. Of the other two, we prefer SSR over OKW, if for no other reason than the fact than the walk to DTD is a little shorter.

laprana
04-12-2012, 10:55 AM
I voted for AKV, but I should qualify that by saying I vote for AKV IF you are staying in Kidani Village. The reason I would say go for Kidani is because you would get 2 bathrooms instead of 1 if you book a 1-bedroom villa there. You would only have 1 bathroom at OKW and SSR, and in Jambo House at AKV. I think with 3 teenagers, that extra bathroom might save you a lot of arguments and preserve your sanity while you're there! :D I probably would vote for AKV regardless of whether you are in Jambo House or Kidani Village, though, just because that resort is absolutely amazing! The atmosphere and themeing is incredible and you really feel like you've been transported to a whole different place when you're there.

Also, I don't think SSR has the sleeper chair in the 1-bedroom villas, so you wouldn't have enough beds for 5 people. Hope this helps and good luck with your decision! :thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
04-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Wh 3 teenagers it would be all about that second bathroom for me.

VWL Mom
04-12-2012, 11:50 AM
I would go AKV if it's Kidani because of the 2nd bathroom. Otherwise I think I would pick OKW due to the extra space (over 200 sq ft more).

Ms. Mode
04-12-2012, 12:01 PM
These is always some type of view available at AK! :mickey:

CosmicRay
04-13-2012, 05:48 PM
That is a tough one for me. I have stayed at SSR and love the one bedroom villas. But I have seen the model for AKV at the DVC offices that it looks nice too! I would probably go with AKV also because of the atmosphere.