PDA

View Full Version : Do you think purchasing a Tables In Wonderland card is going to be worth it for me?

Boardwalk Inn Fan 4 Life
04-11-2012, 09:15 PM
This coming August when I am going to be at WDW I have been thinking of purchasing a Tables In Wonderland card for myself. Since I already have an Annual Pass which will be valid at check-in I know the cost is $75. Now since I am staying at the Boardwalk Inn one restaurant I plan to eat at multiple times is the ESPN Club. I also plan to eat at some of the Table Service Restaurants in the parks, however I am not sure how many yet. So based on that is the card going to be worth it?

GAN
04-12-2012, 05:21 AM
I think if you plan on spending $400 on food and/or alcohol then I would go for it. The only other thing to look at would be what kind of discounts you would get from just the AP -it might be 10% at some places which would mean you would need to spend closer to $800 to get your money back on TIW. For instance, you could get 10% off at ESPN for lunch, but I don't believe dinner.

DizneyRox
04-12-2012, 06:36 AM
Number of guests, length of the trip and Disney owned and operated TS location count would give us a better idea of value...

I've had it pay for itself in just a few meals for two people. We've stretched it across several trips which made it a much better deal.

We normally have gone in the summer, eat 1 TS location a day and visit for on average 10 days per trip. We've NEVER considered any of the dining plan as the value isn't there for us, not even close.

TinkerbellT421
04-12-2012, 08:10 AM
I think if you plan on spending $400 on food and/or alcohol then I would go for it. The only other thing to look at would be what kind of discounts you would get from just the AP -it might be 10% at some places which would mean you would need to spend closer to $800 to get your money back on TIW. For instance, you could get 10% off at ESPN for lunch, but I don't believe dinner.

There are no limitations at the ESPN with the TiW card like there are with DVC and AP. It is 20%. Lunch or Dinner.

spoiledraf
04-12-2012, 08:28 AM
What are the requirements for the card. I'm paying for eight people. Sounds like it could be a smart purchase.

TinkerbellT421
04-12-2012, 08:56 AM
What are the requirements for the card. I'm paying for eight people. Sounds like it could be a smart purchase.

You only need to purchase one card (at $75.00 if you are purchasing via a Annual Pass discount, $100.00 if purchasing as a DVC member). The discount of 20% off food and beverages is for your ENTIRE party UP TO 10 people. So you can take yourself and 9 friends out to dinner and you receive 20% off the entire bill, including alcohol.

Boardwalk Inn Fan 4 Life
04-12-2012, 12:26 PM
For instance, you could get 10% off at ESPN for lunch, but I don't believe dinner.I already knew that, however I plan to go there more during Dinner and not Lunch.

GAN
04-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Then as previously mentioned, if you go with TIW and figure you might spend $200 there -that would cover $40 of the cost ....as an example. My wife and I could recover our cost almost all from drinks(and we're not huge drinkers) -if we have two nice dinners, a bottle of wine might be $60 with a $70 dinner that's $26(x2) ...you get the point.