PDA

View Full Version : My daughter wants to know..Is there Internet connection in the parks to do Instagram?

mouseketeer mom
04-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Heading down in two days. Can daughter do Instagram from the parks?

DizneyRox
04-10-2012, 03:29 PM
If you have a phone with a data plan. No free WiFi to speak of inside the parks. I've heard reports of random signals but nothing confirmed IMHO.

buzznwoodysmom
04-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Back in December DH and I could get internet on our phones with data plans, but the boys couldn't get on with their ipods.

04-10-2012, 04:54 PM
AT&T data service is VERY hit or miss in the parks. Verizon is better. Not sure about Sprint or Metro PCS.

Melanie
04-10-2012, 04:57 PM
AT&T data service is VERY hit or miss in the parks. Verizon is better. Not sure about Sprint or Metro PCS.

This is the truth. Drives me bananas. I was talking to a CM at the Emporium a few months back who confirmed my experience as well. LOTS of AT&T iPhone users in the parks. :crazy:

TinkerbellT421
04-10-2012, 04:57 PM
DBF and I have never had a problem with our connections and we have Sprint if it helps. We have did some google searches and stuff in the parks. DBF has an IPhone and I have a Blackberry, mine was extremely worse than DBF's, his worked fine. (Except when waiting inside buildings, i.e. Soarin') But we have never played games or anything to know for sure about the specific Instagrams your daughter is asking about, sorry.

04-10-2012, 05:28 PM
This is the truth. Drives me bananas. I was talking to a CM at the Emporium a few months back who confirmed my experience as well. LOTS of AT&T iPhone users in the parks. :crazy:

Just got back from 5 1/2 weeks at WDW and most of us that work MK have serious issues with AT&T data service in the parks. Phone and texting work OK (if you call getting voicemail and missed calls from 1 to 4 days late OK). I've tried at all of the parks over the last year and had similar experiences everywhere.

If it wasn't for being able to access the internal WDW WiFi, would just leave the phone in my car.

ElenitaB
04-10-2012, 06:16 PM
In this equation, in terms to being able to build proper infrastructure near the parks, it seems that AT&T = Pepsi and Verizon = Coke. :(

buzznwoodysmom
04-10-2012, 09:17 PM
DH and I have ATT and we've never had any issues using our phones in any of the parks, or anywhere on property for that matter.

04-10-2012, 09:43 PM
DH and I have ATT and we've never had any issues using our phones in any of the parks, or anywhere on property for that matter.

AT&T phone service - not a problem. AT&T data service - big problem property wide. AT&T even admits that it is a marginally dead area.

princessgirls
04-11-2012, 09:21 AM
I personally had NO problem with my Verizon service on my I-phone.

My husband has Sprint, it was spotty at best.... He reminded me that his bill is a lot cheaper than mine though...LOL! He got in with that Virgin Mobile deal where you buy the phone, and the bill with Data and unlimited text and talk is $29.99 a month. Yeah...a lot cheaper!

Julie:mickey:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Actualy Wifi connection - no, there is no guest Wifi in the WDW parks. Connecting to a Data Plan on a smartphone - with Verizon, you are good as WDW has a deal with Verizon (hince the formerly exclusive VZ App for WDW); with any other cellphone carrier, it will be hit and miss.

buzznwoodysmom
04-11-2012, 10:54 AM
AT&T phone service - not a problem. AT&T data service - big problem property wide. AT&T even admits that it is a marginally dead area.

LOL. I had no problems with internet service in the parks either. It was slow, but I was able to access what I wanted with no problems other than the speed. I didn't use it often, but the few times I did were fine.

LudwigVonDrake
04-11-2012, 11:02 AM
I have AT&T and had trouble getting a decent signal when I was in WDW last summer. I guess it's just something I'll have to deal with :mickey: