PDA

View Full Version : WL scheduled Rehab... not yet :)

Davy Crockett
04-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Over the past several months I've read and researched the purported renovation at the Wilderness Lodge. I've read the published / recorded documents which had it slated to begin in April and run through the remainder of the year. BUT! I spoke with a very knowledgeable cast member last night for around 45 minutes (Emmajean) who after an extensive search of records could find no firm start date on this rehab. She had records and details of all the other resorts that were under way including some pool rehabs which haven't started yet (sorry I didn't make a list of those). She said that normally somewhere between 60 to 90 days prior to any construction at any resort she and her other cast members would be briefed as to the extent and duration to better facilitate the reservation process and to help out their guests. I know this made me feel better as we are set to arrive late May and didn't want to walk into a construction zone OR have a null and void room request as it would be situated in the work zone. SO íf all holds true I'M A VERY HAPPY CAMPER. Even thought the WL does need some sprucing up. :thumbsup:

vicster
04-10-2012, 04:02 PM
Yikes - didn't know they're going to do a rehab at WL. We're going in September.

Davy Crockett
04-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Vicster - It's going to definitely happen sometime this year and there are other older posts here on Intercot talking about it, so you may opt to do as I have been doing and as your arrival date gets closer contact WDW reservations line and speak with them. I've found some are more forth coming than others. If you don't think you're getting the full answer just say thank you, you've been very helpful and call back a few minutes later.

CuteAsMinnie
04-14-2012, 08:25 PM
A friend of mine just returned from WL/CL and a CM there on th CL said it is slated to start 4/15..... We'll see since that is pretty much now.

:mickey:

Davy Crockett
04-18-2012, 01:28 PM
CuteAsMinnie thanks for the update. It will be interesting to know if on property CM's know more or are at liberty to say more than travel relation CM's. If you hear anything else please let all of us know!

TikiLounger
04-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Oh no...we're staying at the WL in November. I hope we won't be in the work zone.

Mitzie
04-19-2012, 12:15 PM
This is from a guest review off of another site..

A room rehab is starting this week at WL. The rehab will be completed one wing at a time, starting with the 7th floor's North Wing (the wing closest to MK/CR). There will be a noise buffer between floors, meaning, they will leave the floor beneath the construction vacant. I was told they were initially going to have to use jackhammers, but now they will only have to use them for the first floor, so there shouldn't be much disruption, if any, to guests. The rooms will have all of the plumbing fixtures replaced, the countertops, the flooring, bedding and curtains. The existing furniture will remain, but fabric coverings will be replaced and the armoire will be slightly modified. The room will also be painted and the outdoor furniture will be replaced. The rehab is slated to be completed by the end of September 2012.

The carpeting in all the hallways will also be replaced. Because of this, the CL lounge will have to be re-located for a few weeks in July when the South Wing is under renovation. The Vice-Presidential Suite in the South Wing may be where the lounge will be temporarily re-located.

Davy Crockett
04-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Mitzie - I'm not very happy with the news,:sob:but Thank you for that update. At least it will start at the very end of the North wing.

Jeff T
04-19-2012, 04:56 PM
I contacted the WL, and no one will confirm this news.

Can anyone confirm the refurb work at the WL?

TikiLounger
04-21-2012, 03:36 PM
This is from a guest review off of another site..

The rehab is slated to be completed by the end of September 2012.

Phew! Thank you!

Imalismom
04-21-2012, 09:51 PM
I can confirm this work -- I have gotten email from the WL planning office that the room I have requested is currently under renovation, and may not be available when I check in in 12 days.

Davy Crockett
04-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Imalismom - Can you confirm the previous post by Mitzie that they are starting in the upper section of the North Wing.... Or is your room request in a different part of the resort and if so which section. I keep checking in on this as we are set to arrive in 32 days and need to know if I need to submit an alternate or secondary room request.

Thank you for letting us know.

Imalismom
04-23-2012, 05:59 PM
It is the North Wing of the club level, which is on the 7th floor. I have also heard that they will not. book the rooms directly below the rooms being worked on, which would mean no North wing 6th floor rooms would be booked.

Dsnygirl
04-24-2012, 01:01 AM
I am very excited by this news, as we are hoping to rent a DVC room for Christmas 2013, and I've heard many times that updates were needed there. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

VWL Mom
04-24-2012, 02:28 PM
I am very excited by this news, as we are hoping to rent a DVC room for Christmas 2013, and I've heard many times that updates were needed there. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I believe it's just the lodge and not the villas that are being rehabbed. The villas were actually done about 3 or 4 years ago.

disneymomma2010
04-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Yay! Im glad they are renovating the rooms. We have always wanted to stay at the wilderness lodge because its beautiful but we do not like the looks of the rooms so hopefully we will like the new ones :cool:

Imalismom
04-24-2012, 07:19 PM
yes, WL lodge rooms are getting the updates, not WL villas.. sorry to be the one with the bad news.....

buzznwoodysmom
05-06-2012, 04:07 PM
I just saw pictures of the new rooms on another Disney website. That website states that all of club level (7th floor) has been completed, and work has begun on the 6th floor. From what I could tell the rooms look very fresh. They have gone with a white duvet, similar to what I've seen at some of the other resorts (contemporary comes to mind). The duvet is white with a "themned" runner at the foot of the bed. The headboard is now a red leather, and the bed has cute Thumper themed throw pillows. Looks like new curtains as well. I couldn't tell if the carpet was new, but there appeared to be new flooring in the foyer/bathroom area, looked like a wood laminate floor. All the furniture appears to be the same as before. The table chairs look to be recovered. There are new bambi themed tiles in the shower area, and a new curtain. That's about all I remember from the pictures. It does seem that the rooms will be a bit brighter now. They were a bit on the dark side before, but the white duvets lighten the room.

I hope they do this to the bedding at the Poly and GF soon. It would help to brighten the Poly rooms as well. I hate the current bedding at GR, so a white duvet with a runner would be so much better, and updated, than what they have now.

Crow
05-06-2012, 06:15 PM
yes ive seen a few also. looks good. although i dont know what the club levels were like before, i have stayed in some of the other rooms.
Id like to do WL again...but if its only the 7th floor so far, guess it wont happen in a few wks if i do go..

CuteAsMinnie
05-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Carpet is indeed new, in the hallways as well. Bathroom is completely new. Tile looks like marble but has a wood grain look as well. Four large Disney woodland character tiles in the shower. Mirror on the bathroom door is now framed. Wood (laminate) flooring in the foyer and vanity. New shower curtain and drapes and upholstery, paint. Never understood why the vanity doesn't go all the way to the floor..it is wasted space down below.

Guests seem to like the new rooms and so far, pics are few and far between. Wonder how long 'official' pics will be up on Disney website...perhaps not until project is completed.

CuteAsMinnie
05-07-2012, 05:44 PM

WL Villas are not part of this rehab.