PDA

View Full Version : How busy are the parks early June?

ASweetLov
04-09-2012, 09:18 PM
I will be visiting WDW June 10- June 16th. Schools up here in RI and Southern Mass gets out approximately between june 15th to the 19th.Was just wondering how busy are the parks that early in June.

Thanks!:mickey:

spoonfulosugar
04-09-2012, 10:10 PM
We were there the first week of June last summer. I didn't think it was that bad. The Studios were the busiest because of the Star Wars weekends. That may be something for you to think about. Just avoid that park on the weekend though and you should be fine...Unless of course you want to be there for all of the Star Wars excitement.

Tink#64
04-09-2012, 11:44 PM
We were there the 1st week of June 2 years ago & the last week of June last year and neither were unmanageable. It will be crowded yes. It will be hot. But with a good plan, utililize the FP system, and to me the single most important is to arrive by or before park opening, you will be fine! We never wait in a SB line more than 30 minutes, usually no more than 20 uness we're done in that part of the park & would rather wait than come back.

You will encounter tour groups, BTGS's seemed to be everywhere during our trip last year! Not a problem, but who wants to que up behind any large, loud group? When we encountered we just tried to regroup & redirect ourselves!

We had a fantastic trip both times, and experienced everything that we wanted to, I'd say at least 90% of all the park attractions! With DS's both now in high school, gone are the days of pulling them out & going in early May! So we work around the school calendar, even went Spring Break one year (which btw, we thought would be insane but was surprisingly far less crowded than we thought it would be!), so far not a bad trip to WDW! Plan accordingly and you should expect to have a magical trip! :tink:

AmandaChan
04-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Can only speak from one experience, last year we went June 6-13. I don't remember it being too bad except one night we went to MK (I think it was EMH, we weren't thinking) and we had to wait in a line for It's a Small World for at least 20 minutes (we never wait in that line... family wanted to ride it)... and Star Wars Weekend we went one day to check it out, spent a few hours there and came back. Was too much commotion for us. I vaguely remember some parts being a little busier than normal for us (we usually go in mid may) but it was nothing we couldn't handle. Went early morning to MK one day and got on everything really easily.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-10-2012, 11:03 AM
You will be arriving at the end of the last Star Wars weekend (Sunday the 10th) - so that factors out that DHS Crowd.

I've always heard that the closer (and seen on those crowd tracker calendars) it gets to July 4th the more crowded it gets. As my DD and I are to be there June 11-20 - we are hoping for manageable crowds (we've experienced the week of Christmas before).

wickedgin
04-10-2012, 01:51 PM
We went during that time in 2010. It was incredibly hot and pretty crowded (SWW) but still a lot of fun!

spoiledraf
04-10-2012, 04:23 PM
We'll be there the same time. We went the week later two years ago and it was pretty crowded and we got to the parks around 10 each day. My advice and what I guarantee will happen this year; hit the parks at rope drop, use fast passes for the high demand rides and save the lower demand rides for later when the parks fill up. Planning goes a long way. But getting to the parks early any time of the year is a good idea.