PDA

View Full Version : How Does This Happen?!

mickeys_princess_mom
04-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Soooo aggravated! Called months ago, and booked Ohana, first thing for May 12, day after arrival, cause we were flying. Called BACK months ago, as soon as we decided to drive, and booked Mothers Day, thrilled to get it, since we would not arrive in time to keep the 12th. Didn't change the 12th yet, making sure we were finalized. Called yesterday to do the right thing and cancel it, only to find out that CM booked the Mothers Day one on the 12th too! One for 5:00, one for 6:30. This one was not me! I distinctly remember going on and on about how wonderful it was to get the one for Mothers Day, etc. CM who answered yesterday happened to be the same guy who booked the first one, and it wasn't his mistake, but said there was nothing he could do. Square ONE!!!! Called this morning, and they gave me 9:45 on Mothers Day, but that sure is not what we had in mind! I realize I'm fortunate to get anything at this late date, but it is just so frustrating!

mickeys_princess_mom
04-09-2012, 12:24 PM
I know, I know,people are human. I just was so mad last night when they were telling me there was nothing they could do to correct something that was their error, not mine. I was just thrown back in the hunt on my own to try to get in again--when I had it!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-09-2012, 12:57 PM
I am so sorry! The CM's can make mistakes, and I know I've had a couple over the years (and make a few myself with the online system).

I have to admit that I check and double-check and triple check my ADR's ... just to be sure!

DVC2004
04-09-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm sorry, definitely sounds like a mistake on their part. Did you try calling back and asking to speak to a manager? I don't know if it will help or change anything. :(

I'm glad you were still able to get in but not an idela time.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-09-2012, 02:02 PM
I am so sorry! The CM's can make mistakes, and I know I've had a couple over the years (and make a few myself with the online system).

I have to admit that I check and double-check and triple check my ADR's ... just to be sure!

That's actually how I found out! While I had them on the line, I just wanted to make sure we were all set for Sunday, then this! Better now than when we were in the line ready to be seated, I guess!

buzznwoodysmom
04-09-2012, 02:18 PM
This is one of the many reasons I make all ADRs online. When you call to make them, there is no way to know if the CM makes a mistake or not till later on, and sometimes it's already too late. When making them online, I feel more in control of my ADRs, and if I make a mistake I have no one to blame but myself. Keep checking online. You never know when something might open up.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-09-2012, 02:26 PM
This is one of the many reasons I make all ADRs online. When you call to make them, there is no way to know if the CM makes a mistake or not till later on, and sometimes it's already too late. When making them online, I feel more in control of my ADRs, and if I make a mistake I have no one to blame but myself. Keep checking online. You never know when something might open up.

Thanks--good point! I just hate typing credit card numbers in on a computer. :blush: I realize the CM on the other end of my call is doing that very thing, lol, so I just need to get over it, I guess. I used to make them online some before the new policy. I know it's a good thing, though, and will make the whole ressie situation better.

NJGIRL
04-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Even when you make an ADR over the phone you can check them online as long as you give your phone number with the ADR.

I always call, then check them online and print them out.

spoiledraf
04-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Thanks--good point! I just hate typing credit card numbers in on a computer. :blush: I realize the CM on the other end of my call is doing that very thing, lol, so I just need to get over it, I guess. I used to make them online some before the new policy. I know it's a good thing, though, and will make the whole ressie situation better.

if you are registered on line with disney and log on to your account and bring up your reservation, you don't have to type in any credit card numbers. They already have them with your reservation. just pick your ADR and reserve it. Print the reservation number for reference. next time you are back at the site it will be right there with your reservation.

Fastpasssteve
04-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Not that I don't trust the people who make reservations, but...

I put all my reservations on an EXCEL spreadsheet with the

Name of the Restaurant
The Time
The Reservation #

right there on each meal for each day.

I also call back at least once to make sure that all my reservations are in their system correctly.

Should I have to do this? No. But I do and am never surprised.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-15-2012, 05:01 PM
OK, and the happy ending to this 'saga' is that we are going to get to eat at a normal hour on the night we arrive instead of Mother's Day. In my shock the other day, I neglected to cancel my reservation that was supposed to be ON Mother's Day. I did as instructed and just started calling to try to get one, which I did, but it was for 9:45. We really didn't want that, but took it in desperation. Called today to check on numbers, and they couldn't find the one for Saturday....here we go again. Called BACK when I could give them the ressie no. and we are ON for 6:45. Cancelled the Mother's Day late one. And we are gonna drive like RocknRoller Coaster to make sure we get there for the one on arrival day! (Well, we're just gonna leave in the wee hours and stop very little...:blush:). All's well that ends well. :wave: 27 days!!!