PDA

View Full Version : Dining pics and photo pass +

IloveJack
04-09-2012, 10:55 AM
The pictures at say, Askerhus or CRT, that were previously included in payment; will they be only "free" for PP+ users now? Are they no longer included in the price of the meal?

Figment!
04-12-2012, 12:43 PM
I haven't been able to find an announcment that PhotoPass+ will effect those who do character dining with-out it. :shrug:

Hopefully another INTERCOTee who has more expereince with Character Dining Photo Packages and PhotPass will be able to shed some more light on the subject. :search:

IloveJack
04-13-2012, 01:11 PM
I emailed Disney directly, as I couldn't find an answer to this. There response:

"Thank you for your email.You purchased your Pre-Purchase of the PhotoCD
on March 19th,2012 for $99.95. When you arrive in June you may visit any
of the Photo View locations at any of the Parks and upgrade to PhotoPass
+. The $99.95 will be credited towards your purchase of the PhotoPass +
which is $199.95. You would just need to pay the difference when you
upgrade. The PhotoPass + Package is only available in Park and currently
there is no Pre-Purchasing of this item and no discounts for it."

shortcake311
04-15-2012, 08:22 PM
My husband and I have purchased meal photos in the past, especially Chef Mickey, because our anniversary breakfast is there. This trip we will also being doing Ohana for breakfast, but otherwise there are no meals for us. However, I cannot say at this time we won't be doing the rides listed and wanting those photos. Is this suggested to us for that reason or just stick to the prepaid Photopass? :confused:

Fastpasssteve
04-15-2012, 08:40 PM
If would follow that if you had to pay for a photo before, you will have to now, as well.

If the photo was included in the price of the meal before, it would follow it will be included now, as well.

shortcake311
04-15-2012, 10:08 PM
At places where the photo is not included in the meal is it worth it if you will be getting those photos in addition to your photopass purchase?

cuteduck223
04-16-2012, 01:46 PM
I emailed Disney directly, as I couldn't find an answer to this. There response:

"Thank you for your email.You purchased your Pre-Purchase of the PhotoCD
on March 19th,2012 for $99.95. When you arrive in June you may visit any
of the Photo View locations at any of the Parks and upgrade to PhotoPass
+. The $99.95 will be credited towards your purchase of the PhotoPass +
which is $199.95. You would just need to pay the difference when you
upgrade. The PhotoPass + Package is only available in Park and currently
there is no Pre-Purchasing of this item and no discounts for it."

This honestly makes me laugh a little, since the whole point of pre-ordering a CD is to save a little money. To only offer photopass+ at the non discounted rate of 199.95--really?

I feel like if it is photopass+, then maybe if photopass is 169, and + is 199...then it would cost you $30 to upgrade to the + package. im not usually cynical...we've pre-ordered a cd for our fall trip...but without the discount, we don't buy that many "extra" pictures to make it worth $100.

I love photopass and it's always been something we've had fun doing...and we'll continue to do it. I know--its not marketed to everyone...but since we have a toddler, and TT will be closed when we're there...guess its not worth any extra money.