PDA

View Full Version : Akershus

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-08-2012, 05:18 PM
The good, the bad, the ugly:

Looking to read opinions on this one.....I have an ADR for DD and I in June, but it is one that I am up in the air about as my DD could take or leave this one.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-08-2012, 09:02 PM
We enjoy it. We've always gone for breakfast, which is yummy, some funky food and lots of the standard breakfast fare.

Interaction with the princesses is good, better (at least for us) than the castle and we've always had a good overall experience.

TinkerbellT421
04-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I agree with the PP. Found that the food was good, nothing that is really overwhelmingly good I have to write home about this, but good. The character interaction is much better than the castle. I think what you get here is definitely well worth it, the price can't be beat for what you will get. If your daughter is into princesses this is definitely the spot for her. (We went for breakfast)

floridamom
04-08-2012, 10:18 PM
We went for dinner. Interaction was great, and food was surprisingly good. I had the salmon and it was tasty.

Gator
04-09-2012, 02:58 PM
I've been for breakfast and lunch. The breakfast food was kinda dull with the exception of a potato caserole. The lunch was very good. I was scared at first to try Norweigian fare, but it was really good. The kotjakake(?) was really good as was most of the food on the cold board. Their cheese is exceptional. You'll love this place.

Ms. Mode
04-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Ooops, we went for dinner and the food was not to our taste...any of us! However, the princess interaction is the BEST hands down!

Because of the food, once was enough for us. :blush:

mom2morgan
04-09-2012, 04:57 PM
This is one of our "must do's" for lunch or dinner. My Danish husband loves the Smorgasbord and the traditional Scandinavian meals...but the girls and I have never had trouble finding something we'd enjoy as well. Last time I went I had a pretty straight-forward chicken dish and my daughter had pork tenderloin with some nice sides. I liked that the "children's menu" had a smaller version of my chicken dish without the sauce (instead of the usual macaroni-or-hotdogs that was making my 9 year old crazy). The atmosphere is wonderful - very much a castle and the princesses took more time with us than they did at Cinderella's Royal Table. All in all we find it relaxing, tasty and thoroughly enjoyable. One Con - liked it better when it wasn't "all princesses all the time" - if you don't do Dining Plan, it makes it mores expensive than it used to be.

Belle_0717
04-12-2012, 04:23 PM
DH and I did the dinner before the girls. We've also taken the girls for both lunch and dinner and enjoyed both. The best character interaction hands down. We met Cinderella at dinner at Akerhaus and the same Cinderella was at the MK the next night and remembered them. I tell this story all the time and it is one of those magical Disney moments I will never forget. Hoping to see her again in 179 days.

We are skipping Akerhaus this trip and heading to 1900 Park Fare for dinner. DH & I had an okay experience just us so hoping for a better one with the girls.

ledudes
04-12-2012, 04:28 PM
We went a few years ago and enjoyed the "salad" bar with dinner. They also have a nice dessert. I think the menu can be a little bit different, but sometimes it is nice to try something a little different after eating lots of the same stuff everywhere else. We are going to try it again in September. I would say if your daughter doesn't really care about the princesses, maybe try something else instead.

FriendsofMickey
04-12-2012, 04:31 PM
We did lunch here once, none of liked any of the food.
I decided to try for breakfast. My girls would not eat a thing. It was a the biggest waste of money we ever did. At that time, my girls did not do eggs or potatoes. I wish I had looked at what was served for breakfast.

I will NEVER go back.

I will say I liked the potatoe casserole.

Mom2Princess'
04-12-2012, 04:59 PM
We love it for breakfast or dinner. The interaction is always great and we love the food as well!

biodtl
04-13-2012, 10:09 AM
We have only been there for breakfast, but we all loved it. The princesses were great - lots of interaction.

The food is quite good. The potato casserole is delicious and I quite enjoy the cold bar, with fruits, meats and cheeses.

And the service (in our experience) is also very good - they are attentive and very friendly.

TheVBs
04-13-2012, 02:06 PM
We've been there for dinner. I agree that the character interaction is great and better than the Castle! All of the food was really good, but with the cold board and the entree, it's A LOT of food. The desserts were fabulous! I think there were three, we got one of each and the four of us shared. Service was fantastic. My only complaint would be that it is too tightly packed.

dizneydeb22
04-13-2012, 02:18 PM
As PP's have said, the interaction was great! However, the food was not so hot. We went for breakfast and did not enjoy it at all.

TheRustyScupper
04-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Our Ratings of Akershus: (2/14/2012)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: A

NOTE: For food, alone, Akershus is grossly overpriced.
However, as with most character meals, you are paying for
the characters, and possibly atmosphere, but not the food.
Food is ample and tasty, but quality only average. However,
the princes interaction is typically a lot better than at the Castle.

Fastpasssteve
04-14-2012, 12:48 AM
If you have any princesses in your group, you should go at least once. Great interaction, though the food is not my cup of tea. Don't get me wrong...it was well prepared, just not my thing.

Remember, they do not guarantee any particular princesses on any given day.

julyjewel
04-14-2012, 12:08 PM
We do this every time we visit for breakfast! The interaction is great and I have nothing but positive experience for this place! :thumbsup:

j2k
05-21-2012, 01:56 AM
What's the price for breakfast? Is there a cold bar with fruit, veggies, yogurts and cheeses for breakfast? along with pastries, eggs, bacon/sausage, and potato casserole place on your table family style? I'm trying to figure out the variety of food available at breakfast.

I know my DD will love the princesses. I've read that the food is not be worth the price regardless which meal we choose (B/L/D) because we're paying for the experience. I'm just trying to figure out if there'll be enough variety for all of us to eat and leave there full without wanting to walk to the nearest snack shop to spend more money on food to fill us up.

Thanks!

biodtl
05-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Is there a cold bar with fruit, veggies, yogurts and cheeses for breakfast? along with pastries, eggs, bacon/sausage, and potato casserole place on your table family style? I'm trying to figure out the variety of food available at breakfast.
That is exactly what it is. I personally think it is worth the money - the food was quite good when we ate there. And the servers were great, too.