PDA

View Full Version : Sanity check please...

TheVBs
04-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Imagine that it's a blustery day, the kids are playing outside and your wife/husband walks up and says: "A tree branch just came down on the neighbor's car. Do you think I should have the girls come in?" How would you interpret that? Why would you think they would be asking that question? Thanks in advance for any responses!!

BrerGnat
04-08-2012, 01:30 PM
I would interpret that as:

It's so windy that tree branches are falling off trees. For the safety of the kids, should they come inside so they don't have a tree branch fall off a tree and potentially kill them.

Tree branches have been known to kill people as they fall...

Scar
04-08-2012, 02:19 PM
"Blustery" is pretty subjective. Do you have any dead or dying trees? Was the neighbor's tree dead?

gerald72
04-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Maybe so the girls don't get blamed for the damage?

TinkerbellT421
04-08-2012, 03:56 PM

It's so windy that tree branches are falling off trees. For the safety of the kids, should they come inside so they don't have a tree branch fall off a tree and potentially kill them.

:ditto:

bleukarma
04-08-2012, 04:08 PM
I probably wouldnt want my kids outside to hear the dirty words that will probably fly once the neighbor notices the car.

And I wouldnt want them to get blamed for it.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Imagine that it's a blustery day, the kids are playing outside and your wife/husband walks up and says: "A tree branch just came down on the neighbor's car. Do you think I should have the girls come in?" How would you interpret that? Why would you think they would be asking that question? Thanks in advance for any responses!!

Why are they asking?... they want to say "Mom says its time to come in." Make Mom the bad guy in making them come inside.

TheVBs
04-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Thanks for all the replies! It looks like I owe DH an apology. :blush: In my head, my question could only mean one thing, this:

However, when I asked him what he thought I meant, he gave both of these as possibilities:

Maybe so the girls don't get blamed for the damage?

I probably wouldnt want my kids outside to hear the dirty words that will probably fly once the neighbor notices the car.

And I wouldnt want them to get blamed for it.

Here I thought no one else in the world would interpret what I said as anything other than the first quote, so I fussed at him a bit. :blush:

MNNHFLTX
04-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Thank you for the explanation. I have to admit that I was a bit perplexed when I first read your post, and I was hoping at some point you would share the story behind it. (BTW, my thought process would have been the same as yours!)