PDA

View Full Version : Test Track CM's on the board-Schedule for April 16?

MickeysBestPal
04-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Today, Sunday, April 8 (Happy Easter, BTW) is the day the CM work schedules that include April 16 should be posted.

Can any CM's who normally work Test Track (or anyone who KNOWS Test Track CM's) give us a first-hand report here
about whether you have been reassigned due to the (possible) closing of the attraction for refurb?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My disclaimer:
Test Track could close at any time (April 16, or any other date.)

However, it makes little sense that there is no word from a legitimate Disney authority when we are now less than ten days out from the "expected" closure date.

If TT does close on April 16, we have to chalk that up to a failure of Disney to
communicate important information to guests via the expected and proper channels.

As always, stay tuned.

Strmchsr
04-08-2012, 12:48 PM
There was a release from Disney 3-4 days ago stating the Test Track refurb was going on as scheduled. I think it was in the Orlando Sentinel, but I don't have time to look for the link at the moment. It was confirmed, though.

MickeysBestPal
04-08-2012, 01:08 PM
There was a release from Disney 3-4 days ago stating the Test Track refurb was going on as scheduled. I think it was in the Orlando Sentinel, but I don't have time to look for the link at the moment. It was confirmed, though.

Sorry, but that is far from an "official" confirmation, IMO.

I have no reason to doubt that the Orlando Sentinel "called somebody" at Disney and asked the question.

But, I have no idea who they asked, however, as they did not name the person.

Anyone on the other end of the phone could be considered a "spokesman for the resort."
It might have been Bob Iger, CEO, but they didn't name him.

It might have been Alphonse Globknocker, College Intern, but they didn't name him.

This is no reflection on whether they will or won't be closing Test Track.

What it is, however, is a statement (again) that there has never been a specific closing date issued directly from a Disney authority, in her/his own direct words.

Test Track may or may not close on any date, April 16, included, but no Disney AUTHORITY has yet posted any information regarding any specific date.

Strmchsr
04-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Test Track may or may not close on any date, April 16, included, but no Disney AUTHORITY has yet posted any information regarding any specific date.

Do you really think WDW would let that hit the paper without it being legit? Disney controls their brand tighter than anyone I know. They are not going to let some intern release a statement to a major newspaper without it being true. Or, if it did happen, you would see an immediate release retracting said statement. I realize CM rumors and all of that nonsense happens all the time, but not on a statement like that. Besides, they "officially" announced it back in January. Why should they need to send out another statement "officially" announcing it again?

MickeysBestPal
04-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Do you really think WDW would let that hit the paper without it being legit?

Absolutely.

Disney has simply not followed through on anything regarding information on the Test Track refurb.

DizneyFreak2002
04-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Seems like my quote has been purposely ignored... As per the article:

Despite Internet speculation of a delay, Walt Disney World says an overhaul of the Test Track attraction in Epcot is moving forward as planned.
A spokeswoman for the resort said the attraction, which is underwritten by General Motors Corp (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/topic/ORCRP006407.topic)., will shut down April 16 for an extended renovation. The redesigned ride is to reopen in the fall with a new theme focused on GM’s Chevrolet brand and a new automotive-design center.

Disney very carefully monitors what is released to the media... VERY CAREFULLY... A person speaking on behalf of the Resort will NOT speak unless authorized to, especially confirming dates...

MickeysBestPal
04-08-2012, 02:15 PM
This kind of interchange is of no value to the question at hand.

My question is in regard to something concrete:
The actual CM schedules for Test Track on April 16.

I have no dog in this race.
I am simply trying to find out something DIRECTLY from DISNEY,
regarding the much-discussed Test Track refurb.

Something about which the Disney Co., itself, has gone silent, weeks ago.

DizneyFreak2002
04-08-2012, 02:44 PM
This kind of interchange is of no value to the question at hand.

My question is in regard to something concrete:
The actual CM schedules for Test Track on April 16.

I have no dog in this race.
I am simply trying to find out something DIRECTLY from DISNEY,
regarding the much-discussed Test Track refurb.

Something about which the Disney Co., itself, has gone silent, weeks ago.

You have been given plenty of concrete evidence showing DISNEY announced the date as April 16... Yet, you continue to not believe a word of it and dismiss everything given to you...

You got word from Disney several times... In January via the blog, a press release, and the confirmation to the Orlando Sentinel... Do you want Meg Crofton to personally call you???

MickeysBestPal
04-08-2012, 02:57 PM
You have been given plenty of concrete evidence showing DISNEY announced the date as April 16... Yet, you continue to not believe a word of it and dismiss everything given to you...

You got word from Disney several times... In January via the blog, a press release, and the confirmation to the Orlando Sentinel... Do you want Meg Crofton to personally call you???

You seem intent on shouting me down.
Well, you've done it.

I've decided to pronounce that Disney has announced many times that they will be closing Test Track on April 16.

Now, that we have that out of the way...

If there are any Test Track CM's still reading this, can you please post if your schedule is altered from the norm on April 16th?

brad192
04-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Moderators, please step in and close this thread. It's getting way too snarky for Intercot. :mad:

DizneyFreak2002
04-08-2012, 03:25 PM
I can confirm from a TT Cast Member that April 15th is the last day of operation and the ride will be closed on April 16th... Yes, that is official and yes, that is from a CM at Test Track... And yes, this does come from the schedule...

So, case is now closed...

eam
04-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Moderators, please step in and close this thread. It's getting way too snarky for Intercot. :mad:

Wow! Ditto! I was thinking the same thing.

Ian
04-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Since the OP's question is asked and answered and it seems like, for whatever reason, this conversation took a very nasty turn, this thread is closed.