PDA

View Full Version : Tickets from my parents

the real Alice
04-07-2012, 05:08 PM
My DH and I have some left over non-expir. tickets we are using for a trip in June. We now have a 3 year old who doesn't have a ticket. My parents have some 12 yr old tickets they are giving us for my son to use. Do we need to do anything to use these tickets for my son?
Thanks!

faline
04-07-2012, 06:17 PM
If tickets have never been used, they can be gifted. If these were partially used, non-expiring tickets used by your parents, they can not be transferred to your son.

Pirate Granny
04-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Another thought...they would be adult tickets, and not a child, so obviously not his tickets from a previous trip.

the real Alice
04-07-2012, 10:02 PM
We don't care that they are adult tickets - they still cost less 12 years ago than an adult ticket would now.

This is one thing that really makes me mad! The only reason we were able to plan this trip was with these tickets as gifts. Now we may not be able to afford it. If grandparents want to give tickets (that they may never be able to use) to a grandchild then they should be able to. I've been in tears over this all afternoon since we don't have the extra cash. My 3 year old will be in tears....thanks Disney.

joonyer
04-07-2012, 10:07 PM
A 5 day child's ticket costs $242.00. Maybe you could ask his grandparents to buy him a ticket since he can't use their old one?

Melanie
04-07-2012, 10:08 PM
We don't care that they are adult tickets - they still cost less 12 years ago than an adult ticket would now.

This is one thing that really makes me mad! The only reason we were able to plan this trip was with these tickets as gifts. Now we may not be able to afford it. If grandparents want to give tickets (that they may never be able to use) to a grandchild then they should be able to. I've been in tears over this all afternoon since we don't have the extra cash. My 3 year old will be in tears....thanks Disney.

Have the tickets been used?

the real Alice
04-07-2012, 10:09 PM
They don't have cash either, thus the reason they offered tickets.

the real Alice
04-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Melanie - they are 3 4day hopper passes from 2000 (my parents & mine). They each have 1 day left on them. It was perfect because my DH and I also have 3 days left on non-exp tickets from 5 years ago.

PETE FROM NYC
04-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Back in 2009, DW and I went down with a load of old tickets, I am talking the old style format. Some were called world passports. A couple of the tickets belonged to DWs late parents. Guest relations converted them all to new format tickets with no problems.

DizneyRox
04-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Tickets from 2000 shouldn't need to be converted. They had the magnetic strip on the back.

the real Alice
04-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Thanks DisneyRox. I wondered about that. the only snag might be using it for morning EMH. If we want to do that do they have to be on a room ticket? If it comes down to that I'd much rather lose that EMH than a day in the park :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
04-08-2012, 09:37 AM
You could have the park ticket added to your room keys. But if you don't want to do that then you do not "need" to have them on your room key in order to enter a park, they will just ask you to show your room key to show them you are staying on property.

Snow's Mom
04-10-2012, 05:10 PM
So.....was that a yes or a no? Since they are used, they are non-transferable, right? Wrong?

I have three unactivated 2-day tickets on our previous room keys (We already had 5-day tickets purchased, then went to a package deal.) We would want to add more days, which would require an ID, right? Or can we "gift" them to our kids?

This ticket stuff is confusing...

DizneyRox
04-10-2012, 08:48 PM
The correct newer is, since they are used, it's illegal (really its on the books in Florida) to transfer them to anyone other than the person who originally used them, regardless of if the are ticket tagged (in this case not) with the biometric scan of the original guest.

If the entire ticket hasn't been used, it is not unlawful to gift said ticket to someone else.

Babe the Blue Ox
04-10-2012, 10:16 PM
In 2004, a turnstile malfunction allowed my family to receive a free day at the Magic Kingdom. We had 5 day park hoppers so we ended up with 1 unused, non-expiring day on each of our 5 tickets.

When we next returned in 2007, I only purchased four new 5-day park hopper passes and let one of my kids use the 5 old tickets from the previous trip. This was done only after I checked with the guest relations office at Downtown Disney and explained the situation.

They informed me that since the 2004 tickets were pre bioscan, anyone in my family could use them. They wouldn't be able to combine them onto one ticket but they could all be used by the same person. They were a combination of child and adult tickets.

j2k
04-11-2012, 12:56 AM
I have a similar situation. I have an unused day remaining on a ticket issued in 1999. I used the ticket in 1999 but it was issued in the name of a friend of mine's mother since she planned the trip.

The way I understand it is that the old (pre-June 2005) tickets did not use the finger scans originally. If an old ticket was last used before June 2005 (when biometric scanning was implemented), it won't have a scan recorded on its magnetic strip, so anyone may be able to use it, even if the ticket is not in their name.

Also, someone told me you can try calling (407) 566-4985. They may choose to look up the ticket information for you. There is no guarantee to this.

I have not tried calling yet to check on my ticket so I don't know for sure if this would work.

Good Luck!

K8screen
04-11-2012, 02:47 AM
A bit off topic I know, but people on ths thread know so much about ticketing I thought I would ask, is it ok to buy a 14 day pass that is only available here in UK and give it to an American friend?