PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom......

olivegirl
04-07-2012, 12:15 PM
We will be in Disney for our vaca on Tuesday for 10 glorious days!!! :thumbsup: I noticed that on Wed Animal Kingdom is open till 8pm!! We were never in Animal Kingdom till closing. Can someone tell me if you are able to slowly make it out of the park at closing or do they quickly make you vacate? We would love to take our time and savor it!!! :)

Pirate Granny
04-07-2012, 02:56 PM
We have been there when they used to have late magic hours....it's great at night, although not many rides were open (safari closes at dusk). And IMO EE is better in the daylight hours.

DizneyRox
04-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Take every second you can, AK is beautiful at night, and rarely can people see it anymore.

Do all the rides during the day and just enjoy the sights and sounds at night.

Melanie
04-07-2012, 04:16 PM
And IMO EE is better in the daylight hours.

I totally respect your opinion, but I want to politely disagree. Everest is incredible at night IMO. Totally different ride and I can't wait to do it again next month during the after party for the Everest Challenge. :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
04-07-2012, 04:53 PM
I have never been fortunate enough to go to Animal Kingdom at night but I can picture it being absolutely beautiful! :cloud9: Latest I have been there I believe is 4 or 5 :( And I can imagine that Expedition Everest would be awesome at night, it would probably help my roller coaster anxiety a little better at night than during the day cause then it's hard to see the tracks :blush: lol

WDWdriver
04-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Can someone tell me if you are able to slowly make it out of the park at closing or do they quickly make you vacate? We would love to take our time and savor it!!! :)

Yes, you can take your time. The rides shut down at closing time, and you will be gently encouraged to move toward the Tree of Life area. The shops will still be open there, and you can linger until about an hour after the park closes.

BTW, any attractions with live animals (Kilimanjaro Safaris, Pangani Trail, Maharaja Jungle Trek and Rafiki's Planet Watch will close earlier than the rest of the park. Be sure to visit those attractions earlier in the day.

DizneyFreak2002
04-07-2012, 08:10 PM
I have yet had the opportunity to experience AK at night... I really want to ride Everest at night...

MarkC
04-07-2012, 08:23 PM
We did it on January 2nd. It got dark so early that we were able to ride it 3 times in the dark. It is an awesome experience, as is the view looking to the right on the way up the climb. Enjoy.

DizneyFreak2002
04-07-2012, 08:33 PM
We did it on January 2nd. It got dark so early that we were able to ride it 3 times in the dark. It is an awesome experience, as is the view looking to the right on the way up the climb. Enjoy.

That's what I want to see... the view from the climb up at night... It's fantastic during the day, I can only imagine how great it is at night...

BTW, does anyone know if the lighting that shines on Everest still forms the yeti face on the mountain???

WDWdriver
04-07-2012, 10:40 PM
I have yet had the opportunity to experience AK at night... I really want to ride Everest at night...

Yes, Everest is a great ride at night because you get to look out over the entire WDW property at the top of the ride.

But don't forget Kali River Rapids after dark. It is a great ride at night with fog and fire effects, and a terrific side view of the Expedition Everest mountain.

DizneyFreak2002
04-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Yes, Everest is a great ride at night because you get to look out over the entire WDW property at the top of the ride.

But don't forget Kali River Rapids after dark. It is a great ride at night with fog and fire effects, and a terrific side view of the Expedition Everest mountain.

The only rides I ever experienced after dark: Tower of Terror, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain...

I have yet to do Test Track at night... And the AK rides... AK usually closes at 5:00 when I vacation...

LVT
04-08-2012, 06:48 AM
I have not seen it. Please let us know how it goes. Thank you.:blush:

Kairi_7378
04-08-2012, 10:21 AM
We were lucky enough to be there for an EMH a few years ago.

We enjoyed wandering around the park and enjoying how quiet it was. People don't seem to take advantage of late hours at AK. We were able to get on one of the last safari rides of the day and scoot down one of the trails before the animal attractions closed.

We enjoyed EE at night as well as Primeval Whirl.

EeyoresBestFriend
04-08-2012, 11:23 AM
BTW, does anyone know if the lighting that shines on Everest still forms the yeti face on the mountain???

I never knew about that. I just looked at pictures we took of Everest at night from our November trip and it sure looks like the face of the Yeti on the right hand side of the mountain! Too Kewl!

BTW, AK at night is beyond magical!! Take it in if you have the opportunity ~ the ambiance is amazing!! :thumbsup:

AmandaChan
04-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Have an awesome trip! I am so jealous of you right now! 10 days!

Niecyboo
04-10-2012, 05:52 PM
On my recent business trip, I had very limited park time, and decided to get in a couple of hours at AK since it was open until 8:00. We entered the parks a little before 6:00 and people were pouring out of the parks. I really wondered if I'd gotten the closing time wrong at first. We went in and managed to eat at Flame Tree, do FOLK and then pretty much walk on anything else including EE. We didn't get to see any of the animals, since they had "gone to bed" but the parks were empty. We were heading over to MK from there, so we didn't linger too much after closing but it seemed to be a nice casual exit.