PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the kingdom

Going2HeavenRU
04-07-2012, 11:47 AM
My DH and I are planning on taking the Keys to the Kingdom tour this year and I had a few questions that I hope someone can help me with.

Is it worth the money?
We are going to be on the DDP. Will the lunch that is provided be counted as a counter service meal on our plan?
What time does the tour usually run (I.e. 8-5)?

Thanks in advance for all of the help.

Zawadi
04-07-2012, 01:08 PM
The Keys to the Kingdom tour usually lasts around 3 to 4 hours. When we did the tour (2005) lunch was included in the price (sandwich and drink at the Columbia Harbor House) so it does not become part of your DDP package.

Is the tour worth it? The answer is very subjective. We enjoyed it as a one off experience.

TiggeRia
04-07-2012, 01:18 PM
I have taken the tour twice and for me it was well worth the money. My family also took it and they loved it as well. Lunch was at Columbia Harbor House and was included in the price of the tour.

ledudes
04-07-2012, 03:29 PM
We really enjoyed doing it and learning different things we would have not known about the magic kingdom. Our guide actually had worked in the castel suite and was able to share stuff about it with us, which we loved. I imagaine the tour is a little bit different depending on your guide, but the little known facts are fun to learn. Lunch will be included and not part of your dining plan.

faline
04-07-2012, 03:43 PM
We also enjoyed the tour. Lunch was towards the end of the tour so we didn't have too much "tour" left after we finished our meals.

BugeyedMuggy
04-07-2012, 04:26 PM
The Keys to the Kingdom tour is definately worth the money. There is so many little things you miss by rushing thru the park. I think this tour made us appricate the little things Walt wanted to share with everyone who visited the MK.

MDcar1
04-07-2012, 08:59 PM
We just came back from Disney today and we had done the KTTK while we were there. It was actually one of the highlights of the trip.
Like everyone said, lunch is included into the price of the TKT, My husband and I had fried fish and chicken strips w/french fries and a soda.
The tour made me really appreciate the thought behind everything Walt had created, things we miss while we're busy racing from one place to another. It didn't take anything away from the magic of Disney.
We took the 0930am tour, and it lasted 4 1/2 hrs. I believe there were earlier tours as well. They keep the groups small and give you ear receivers so you can hear the tour guide.
As to if its worth the money, thats up to each individual, for us, Yes it was worth it.

BugeyedMuggy
04-08-2012, 05:06 AM
They also gave us each a pin you can only get by doing the tour. This was a few years years ago. Hope they still do it.

Mrs Bus Driver
04-08-2012, 09:24 AM
I have always wanted to do the tour. Have fun maybe you can post about it when you get back.:mickey:

Kairi_7378
04-08-2012, 10:11 AM
I have taken the tour, and I was somewhat disappointed. Many of the things that the tour guide presented were things that have been published elsewhere, such as the Imagineers' Guide series of books. It was neat to see some of the backstage areas, though.

I think that the quality of the tour is somewhat dependant on the guide (ours was a little cranky) and the group that we were with. Most of the people who took the tour were not "Disney" people, and were taking the tour because they'd already "done everything in the parks in 3 days."

The lunch at CHH is included in the price of the tour, so your DDP credits won't be effected. The tour was the first time that we'd eaten at CHH and it has become a favorite since then.

LandFan
04-10-2012, 06:13 PM
We loved it! We had a great tour guide but she wouldn't be available now as it was her last week with that tour - she had taken a new job (a promotion) elsewhere in the company.:thumbsup:

Tinkerbella16
04-11-2012, 12:23 PM
I took this tour with my Mom in 2008 and we both absolutely love it! We did the earliest one at 8:30am and had Matthew as our guide.. he was really amazing, I even acknowledged him when we came home from the trip. It is definately worth the money.

Lunch at Columbia Harbour House was included in the price, and that is one of my favorite CS spots in MK so that was great. You will also get a Key to Kingdom pin, that only guests that take the tour are able to get. I can go on and on about this tour, it was that good. :mickey:

garthbarth1
04-11-2012, 12:28 PM
We loved the KTTK tour!! It was the highlight of out trip!! We went on the 9:30 tour, had lunch halfway through at the CHH and then went on the rest of the tour! You do get a special pin you can only get on the tour, get to go "underground" for the inner workings of daily life at the MK, including awesome pics of the park changes throughout the years. You also get to go "Backstage" on some rides, parade areas, etc. You also will be taken on two rides and given lots of info on those two rides specifically! We had a wonderful tour guide! I would highly recommend it!! :thumbsup:

Airblue1
04-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Def. worth the price. It is a great to view the MK. Enjoy and the food is not accredited to your dining plan.