PDA

View Full Version : Extended Hours - World Showcase Available?

brahmin369
04-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Hi there everyone,

I was just wondering - with the extended hours, I know only certain attractions are open. But is the World Showcase open?

For example, I see that the Maelstrom is open - does that mean all of Norway is open too?

Thanks in advance.

MNNHFLTX
04-06-2012, 06:22 PM
It's been a long time since I've been at Epcot for the evening EMH, but I believe the shops in the World Showcase all stay open. The restaurants do have extended hours too, but probably don't stay open right up to the end.

spoiledraf
04-06-2012, 08:24 PM
found this on the Disney Web Site;

Evening Hours:
The American Adventure in the American Pavilion
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros in the Mexico Pavilion
Captain EO starring Michael Jackson
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
Living with the Land
Maelstrom in the Norway Pavilion
Mission: SPACE
Soarin'
Spaceship Earth
Test Track

Doesn't seem to show much in World Showcase.

Georgesgirl1
04-06-2012, 08:33 PM
The last time we were in Epcot for EMH was last year and all of the World Showcase shops and most of the counter service locations were open. Some sit downs were open as well.

SBETigg
04-07-2012, 09:01 AM
World Showcase shops stay open, for the most part, but very few table services extend hours (they are in operation past regular park closing anyway, though), and only a few counter service. Basically, if you have a favorite, don't assume it will be open during EMH, but you probably will find something open, and you might get lucky. Tangierine Cafe is one that we've found open late during EMH. And if you want to try Cava del Tequila, the best time is during Illuminations.

Melanie
04-07-2012, 09:12 AM
And if you want to try Cava del Tequila, the best time is during Illuminations.

Good tip! :thumbsup::marg:

Scar
04-07-2012, 11:38 AM
And if you want to try Cava del Tequila, the best time is during Illuminations.Huh. I never knew there was a "best time" to drink. ;)

SBETigg
04-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Huh. I never knew there was a "best time" to drink. ;)

Hahaha, well, any time is a good time. But Cava is often crowded and hard to get into-- but not so during Illuminations. If you have no luck during the day, and you've seen your fill of Illuminations, it's a great time to stop in to Cava. No crowds, attentive bartenders/waitstaff.

BelleBeauty
04-08-2012, 10:24 AM
A CM told us on our last trip that since the countries are independently run they can choose whether or not to stay open. Most did stay open when we were there, but aside from the American Pavilion I don't think they can guarantee that the countries stay open.