PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the Ideas--Mothers' Day? :)

mickeys_princess_mom
04-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Thanks to those who posted ideas for items to put in the Easter baskets I was hired to make. I used many of them, and they were a BIG hit! Which led to the next question..."So, are you doing Mothers' Day baskets, too? Um... Yes! :cheer:

I've made 'Pamper Baskets' before for family/friend gifts. Now I'm looking forward to taking that a step further! And it's part of what I'm doing to pay for the Magic! :mickey:

What would you love to find in a basket for yourself?....I'm thinking bubble bath, lotion, nice sponges...
:shop: :shop: :shop:

TinkerbellT421
04-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Spa Basket! Bubble baths, soaking bath salts, foot scrubs, foot soaks, lotions are always a must for me, body sprays, nail polishes, shower poofs, or a shower brush or both!, a bath tub inflatable head rest, the freeze eye sleep masks.

I could think of this stuff all day!! haha Give me a few and I will come up with so more.

TinkerbellT421
04-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Face peels, face mask lotion stuff, I love antioxidants type masks they make my skin feel incredible! Special bar soaps like the detoxification ones they sell at Whole foods. It's a "tar bar" it looks like a black charcoal soap bar that detoxifies the skin, it is awesome!

TinkerbellT421
04-06-2012, 12:20 PM
ooooo!! And absolutely ANY Burt's Bees products! Especially chapsticks, lipbalms, phenomenal products, I swear by them!!! You can find pretty good coupons online usually too and can purchase them anywhere, Walmart, Target, Walgreens, etc.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-06-2012, 01:24 PM
ooooo!! And absolutely ANY Burt's Bees products! Especially chapsticks, lipbalms, phenomenal products, I swear by them!!! You can find pretty good coupons online usually too and can purchase them anywhere, Walmart, Target, Walgreens, etc.

Thank you! :hug: You are all over this! Great ideas!!! You are a doll! :wave:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Spa Basket! Bubble baths, soaking bath salts, foot scrubs, foot soaks, lotions are always a must for me, body sprays, nail polishes, shower poofs, or a shower brush or both!, a bath tub inflatable head rest, the freeze eye sleep masks.

I could think of this stuff all day!! haha Give me a few and I will come up with so more.

Any idea where I could find the inflatable head rests?

TinkerbellT421
04-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Any idea where I could find the inflatable head rests?

Last I saw them was at Target. Let me see if I can find it online.

TinkerbellT421
04-06-2012, 01:39 PM
I just found one at the Dollar Tree for $1.00! If you have enough time to order via online if there are no stores near you I can pm you the link

mickeys_princess_mom
04-06-2012, 07:24 PM
You are so sweet! I actually cruised quickly through our Dollar Tree this morning, but it was getting crazy with Easter shopping, and I headed out. I think I am going to try doing much of this online, because it's getting harder to shop with the grandprincess, and I could be sure of getting the amounts that I need. Just discovered you could order from them today! This is definitely going on the list. Thank you very much! :wave:

TinkerbellT421
04-06-2012, 07:49 PM
You are so sweet! I actually cruised quickly through our Dollar Tree this morning, but it was getting crazy with Easter shopping, and I headed out. I think I am going to try doing much of this online, because it's getting harder to shop with the grandprincess, and I could be sure of getting the amounts that I need. Just discovered you could order from them today! This is definitely going on the list. Thank you very much! :wave:

No problem :) I love making gift baskets. Used to be what I gave everyone for Christmas's Birthday's, etc. Might have to get back into it cause I realized today when I was thinking of stuff that I used to get a kick out of making personalized baskets like that! I was born and bread a crafty, artsy person so ideas come pretty quickly.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-06-2012, 10:45 PM
No problem :) I love making gift baskets. Used to be what I gave everyone for Christmas's Birthday's, etc. Might have to get back into it cause I realized today when I was thinking of stuff that I used to get a kick out of making personalized baskets like that! I was born and bread a crafty, artsy person so ideas come pretty quickly.

:high5: I just retired after 20 years of teaching, and I kind of need that creative outlet, too!
(As well as Disney money!)

Kairi_7378
04-07-2012, 08:55 AM
There are socks and gloves that you put on with lotion that I like.

If you wanted to do something other than a pamper basket, you might want to put together a basket of gardening supplies and package it in a flower pot. (Seeds, a kneeling pad, etc.)

My husband's Mothers' Day tradition for me is to make me some sort of drink in the blender and to let me read in the hammock. So for me, a basket with some drink glasses and some mix for a blender drink would be a fun gift :marg:

Janmac
04-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Like the gardening idea. Walmart has lots of different kinds of seeds now. Specialty kinds of seeds.

If you're doing a mother's day basket for a grandma I saw some interesting brag books at amazon. My niece is going to have her daughter get one for grandma. They were by Pioneer, leather bound, accommodating 24 wallet size photos. They might be pricey at about $8 each tho.

You could also make a scrapbooking basket. too.

Jan

buzznwoodysmom
04-07-2012, 04:05 PM
The two things I was going to suggest have already been listed. A "spa/pamper" type basket, and a gardening basket. If you have a Great Escapes water massage place near you, I believe they have gift cards for massages starting as low as $10, that would be a nice addition to a "spa" basket.

You could also do a "smell good" basket. Candles, room spray, lamp rings and scented oils for the house.

A coffee/book basket. You could find a nice coffee mug, or nice travel mug, some gourmet coffee, and either a book or gift card to a bookstore. I often get teacher's nice travel mugs with their inital. Those seem to be a hit. I fill the mug with small gourment coffee packs and wrap them in a clear bag with tissue and pretty ribbon.

If I think of anything else I'll post again.

Dopey's Girl
04-08-2012, 08:04 PM
I love the pamper yourself basket idea, just keep in mind some people are very sensitive to fragrance. Anything to 'smelly' causes my skin to react badly.

My favorite basket I have ever gotten was an Around Town basket. It had gift cards to different fun places around town. If I remember it had book store, coffee shop, movie theater, gas, mani/pedi, and museum cards in it. None of the cards were for huge amounts (all under $10), but it was really fun to use them all!

mickeys_princess_mom
04-09-2012, 12:42 PM
:thanks: to all of you for these great ideas! I had originally considered doing several different kinds, garden, coffee, etc., but I think for now I'm going to make it easy on myself so the Grandprincess doesn't have to be buzzing in and out of stores.The response to the "Spa Basket" idea has been good! I think we all kind of sigh and smile at the thought of this! Some ladies are ordering them for themselves! lol. I really appreciate all these suggestions! Checking into that gift card thing...that could be a big hit. I'm planning to grab some "wine" glasses at the Dollar Tree, and paint names on them w/a little embellishment. Also picked up an ocean sounds CD this morning to check it out, and hope I can order more of those!
:lei: