PDA

View Full Version : You can share meals on the DDP??

mommy2maddi
04-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Q: If I redeem a credit for a meal can I share it with another member of my Dining Plan party?

A: Yes, Guests may share a redeemed meal among other members of their Magic My Way party as long as the meal is not a fixed price meals. Fixed price meals include Buffet, Family Style, Pre-Plated and Packaged Meals.

Just read this on the DDP faq and I'm wondering if it's true? DH and I went in 2010 and as far as I understood you could not share meals. Has this changed? If so, the DDP is definitely a go for us. We weren't sure if we should get it again b/c it was SOOOO much food at one time that we felt we were wasting a ton. We prefer to eat a few small meals a day versus one or two huge ones.

wickedgin
04-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Yes, you can definitely share! (Except for buffets.) With the standard DDP, it can work out nicely if, for example, you each use your own QS for breakfast, then split a TS lunch, and a TS dinner. However, I found that sometimes a single QS meal was enough for us to split, and on our last trip, we ended up with 4 QS credits left when it was time to go home. They wouldn't allow us to convert them to snack credits so we got 4 whole meals to go--thank goodness we had driven down and not been headed to the airport!

Tinker Fan
04-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Me and my daughter have shared meals througout the day and have 4 smaller meals instead of 2 bigger meals or sometimes just shared lunch. As someone else stated, the buffets or family style meals could not be shared.:mickey:

gerald72
04-06-2012, 11:28 AM
You bought the meal. It's yours. No one can tell you what you can do with it.
You can share it with someone not on the plan if you'd like, or hand it to a stranger.

mommy2maddi
04-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks! This is great news! Maybe we could share in 2010 and just didn't know it!!! This makes the DDP much better for us!! :mickey:

BrerGnat
04-06-2012, 12:42 PM
If you are going to be doing a lot of sharing, the DDP is not worth it, financially. You will spend a lot less money by paying OOP and sharing the same meals.

If you are sharing so that you can rack up extra TS credits to use on signature dining, then it's a great way to utilize the plan!

DNS
04-06-2012, 03:05 PM
So by sharing, you are not saving money, just food? You still buy DDP for 2, correct?

SBETigg
04-06-2012, 04:00 PM
You still buy DDP for two. There are some exceptions to the sharing. Via Napoli won't let two people share an individual sized pizza with DP credits, from what has been reported here. That's the only exception I know of.

mommy2maddi
04-06-2012, 08:19 PM
If you are going to be doing a lot of sharing, the DDP is not worth it, financially. You will spend a lot less money by paying OOP and sharing the same meals.

If you are sharing so that you can rack up extra TS credits to use on signature dining, then it's a great way to utilize the plan!

We like the DDP because we like having our food paid for ahead of time...less money to "save" and less we have to worry about once we get there. We do use the TS credits at the signiature restaurants and will do so even more this time now that I know we can share on some of the others. I'm sure we save $$ on the DDP...may not be a lot but it's something, and it's also convenient. :mickey:

CuteAsMinnie
04-09-2012, 06:46 PM
You bought the meal. It's yours. No one can tell you what you can do with it.
You can share it with someone not on the plan if you'd like, or hand it to a stranger.

This has happend to us many times!!! One time we walked into DD favorite Harbor House on,y to be greeted by a great family who was looking for a other great family :secret: to hand over a compete dinner for 4 because they already ate so much they must could not eat another meal. Another time were were at DHS when I woman begged me to let her 'buy' us lunch using her CS credits.

Neither would take payment. It was such a nice gesture!:mickey: