PDA

View Full Version : How does transportation work with resort hopping?

AmandaChan
04-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Do you take a cab or a bus to a park, or what? Or can you have a bus boy take you and tip them??

Dopey's Girl
04-05-2012, 04:10 PM
I usually take a bus from my resort to the nearest park, and transfer from there. After parks close, you would need to transfer from Downtown Disney or take a cab. I usually reserve resort hopping for daylight hours..being able to go through a park is easier.

faline
04-05-2012, 06:26 PM
It depends on where you want to go. Some resorts are easy to get to. If at the Magic Kingdom, you can easily take the monorail to the Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian. Also, from the Magic Kingdom, you can take the boat to the Poly and the Grand Floridian or to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. From Downtown Disney, you can take the boat to the Swan and Dolphin, Boardwalk and the Yacht and Beach Club. These resorts are also a short walk from the Intenational Gateway exit at Epcot. To visit other resort, you will need to take transportation to a park or Downtown Disney and then transfer from there to the resort of your choice. There are also boats from Downtown Disney to several resorts including Old Key West, Port Orleans and Saratoga Springs.

Have fun!

waymickey
04-06-2012, 10:07 AM
We always go to the magic kingdom and then pick up a bus to any resort we want to go to, unless it is a monorail resort then we hop on the monorail. It is pretty easy and we never had to take a cab.
One time at All stars we were having trouble getting to Mickey's Backyard BBQ for our res. We asked the desk what was the best way to get there. The CM told us to wait a second and then she came back 5 minutes later and told us a Car was waiting to ake us free of charge.
A little Disney Magic !:mickey:

AmandaChan
04-06-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm more specifically talking about those that spend so many nights at one resort, then go to another. Do you take your luggage on the busses with you? Does Disney transport your luggage for you at all?

FiggyFan
04-06-2012, 10:40 PM
If you are switching resorts during your stay, Disney will transfer your luggage for you. Just contact bell services for a pickup, or bring your luggage to them, and they will move it to your new resort. Once they have your luggage, you can head for a park, then go to your new resort from there.

Checkers
04-07-2012, 09:51 AM
If you are switching resorts during your stay, Disney will transfer your luggage for you. Just contact bell services for a pickup, or bring your luggage to them, and they will move it to your new resort. Once they have your luggage, you can head for a park, then go to your new resort from there.

FiggyFan is correct. It is a very simple process that we have done on a number of occasions. Usually your luggage is at the new resort by mid-afternoon. Just check-in at your new resort and contact bell services to have your luggage delivered to your room.