PDA

View Full Version : Mnsshp 2012

squijee
04-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Have dates been released yet?

Strmchsr
04-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Nope. Usually happens around May 1. However, if you look at the Sept and Oct schedules you'll see days MK is listed as closing at 7 pm. Those will probably be the MNSSHP days. You can't count on that 100%, though, as they sometimes change the dates at the last second.

epceddie
04-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Nope. Usually happens around May 1. However, if you look at the Sept and Oct schedules you'll see days MK is listed as closing at 7 pm. Those will probably be the MNSSHP days. You can't count on that 100%, though, as they sometimes change the dates at the last second.

I found this out the hard way one year. We had planned on a specific day to attend the MNSSHP and had the rug pulled out from under us when the party was rescheduled.

AmandaChan
04-05-2012, 03:37 PM

Last second as in... the day before? That would really stink considering people plan out their entire vacation around it and pay $$ for it as well. I hope that doesn't happen too often.

Strmchsr
04-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Last second as in... the day before? That would really stink considering people plan out their entire vacation around it and pay $$ for it as well. I hope that doesn't happen too often.

No, last second as in right around May 1. They wouldn't change it once tickets go on sale.

04-06-2012, 12:22 PM
No, last second as in right around May 1. They wouldn't change it once tickets go on sale.

Actually, the last 2 years, for the first and second weeks, a couple of the parties have "date changed" one or two weeks before. As I remember that days were only changed by one day.

Don't remember which days were changed or the reasons why, I just remember getting my work schedule changed because of it, and I do remember that it was near the beginning of the party period. Seems like it was only for the Halloween parties and not for Christmas parties. After awhile all of them kind of run together in my mind.

MNNHFLTX
04-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Actually, the last 2 years, for the first and second weeks, a couple of the parties have "date changed" one or two weeks before. As I remember that days were only changed by one day.

I remember that happening too, Chris.

They also sometimes add extra parties, depending on demand.

Wolf
04-09-2012, 11:31 AM

Don't remember which days were changed or the reasons why, I just remember getting my work schedule changed because of it, and I do remember that it was near the beginning of the party period. Seems like it was only for the Halloween parties and not for Christmas parties. After awhile all of them kind of run together in my mind.

Does this mean I shouldn't buy our party tickets when they go on sale? We are going first week in October, this makes me scared they will change them or something....Should I worry?

PopPhan
04-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Another site has published the following dates for MNSSHP for 2012....

September 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28, 30, October 4, 5, 8, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31, November 1. Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

At this point, I would take these dates with a hefty 'grain of salt' as they have not be 'officially' announced by Disney.

04-09-2012, 11:41 AM
The first and second weeks of the party are in early and mid September.

Don't remember seeing any changes to the dates in October since I've been working them.

Wolf
04-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Oooh I didn't realize they started that early, I'm sorry! :blush:

epceddie
04-09-2012, 03:01 PM
We got burned by one that was scheduled for Nov. 8. We made plans to go to that one and the parties ended up not starting until the day we left. We were not happy campers and I let the website that provided the info know about it.

ANG
04-17-2012, 08:11 PM
My family is trying to avoid the party this year but still want to see Wishes on another night. We have to make our ADR soon and it really bugs me that they haven't released the dates yet.

EeyoresBestFriend
04-18-2012, 11:30 PM
I remember that happening too, Chris.

They also sometimes add extra parties, depending on demand.

What happens in a case where they do change it and you already purchased tickets? Are they good at a different party? Do they refund your money?