PDA

View Full Version : Disney Hollywood Studios Needs a Water Based Attraction

Super Ninja
04-04-2012, 12:47 PM
I think this would be the obvious choice to take. Every other park has something that involves either a boat ride, a log flume, or a raft.

So I think it's kind of out of place that DHS does not have one. This of course leaves the question of what kind of ride it should be and what property it should use. I was thinking maybe Indiana Jones. However, that might create some overlap with Jungle Cruise as far as theming goes. But I'm sure there are other possibilities as well.

DVC2004
04-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Agree and like the Indy idea. This park, to me, is in need of more attractions. It feels like there could be more. I think a water ride would be a great addition.

Mousemates
04-04-2012, 01:00 PM
yep...and there is no shortage of water based movies to draw from...the poseidon adventure, titanic, etc.

zipadeedoodah
04-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Agreed....I vote for them to remove the Backlot tour, and replace it with something new, fresh, and fun! They have already removed most of what made the backlot tour fun anyway . . .

Super Ninja
04-04-2012, 01:30 PM
I liked the Backlot Tour up until you had to stand up for half an hour and listen to Michael Bay talking about his real life death exploitation Titanic knockoff movie. >_>

I don't know what they should do with that thing, but I hope they're able to do something with all the film artifacts instead of throwing them in the trash.

The best part about that ride I think is the Xenomorph costume from Aliens after the ride ends.

zipadeedoodah
04-04-2012, 01:36 PM
I agree...I love seeing the costumes area after unlaoding the tram. I miss seeing the houses on the backlot tour....It always made me happy to see the Golden Girls house!

DonaldDuckUSA
04-04-2012, 01:59 PM
The Golden Girls house is still up, right? IDK if I'd want to do it again without the Golden Girls.

I'd be on board with a new Indy attraction, water based or not. Am I the only one who feels like the stunt show needs an upgrade?

Stu29573
04-04-2012, 02:18 PM
The Golden Girls house is still up, right? IDK if I'd want to do it again without the Golden Girls.

I'd be on board with a new Indy attraction, water based or not. Am I the only one who feels like the stunt show needs an upgrade?

Golden Girls Gone. (As far as I know)

SBETigg
04-04-2012, 02:27 PM
How about a Steamboat Willie attraction? They could make it water-based, fits with the park, and it has Disney roots. They could have a lot of fun with old-timey black and white effects, too. I think it would be a real winner.

Daisy'sMom
04-04-2012, 02:31 PM
I loved the backlot tour when the Golden Girls house was there. They ruined it. DHS could use more attractions having to do with making movies, movies and such. I think they should replace the stunt show. Not my favorite.:mickey:

DonaldDuckUSA
04-04-2012, 02:32 PM
how about a steamboat willie attraction? They could make it water-based, fits with the park, and it has disney roots. They could have a lot of fun with old-timey black and white effects, too. I think it would be a real winner.

love it!

spoiledraf
04-04-2012, 02:50 PM
A Steamboat Willie ride would be a great addition! And the Studios does need that.
But they do have some pretty good rides already. Toy Story is probably the highest draw in WDW. Rockin Roller Coaster Rocks! Tower of Terror scares the P outa me! Star Tours is Great. Indy, Beauty and the Beast and the night time shows are great as well. Maybe it's just some of the other less than amazing attractions that kind of pull DHS down a bit.

Sportster
04-04-2012, 03:16 PM
I love the Steamboat Willie attraction idea. The Imagineers could have a field day with that.

Or....put in my beloved "Jaws" that US heartlessly ripped out!! ha ha

I know....movie rights, blah blah blah, but I loved that cheesy ride!

Disney Doll
04-04-2012, 03:25 PM
I like the Steamboat Willie idea! DHS does have a lot of good rides and also a lot of fun shows, but for my family it's really lacking. There's not enough there for young kids who can't ride the big rides or sit through a show. I used to love DHS, but now that I'm a mom it's become more of a half day park for us.

Jillirose
04-04-2012, 03:29 PM
How about a Steamboat Willie attraction? They could make it water-based, fits with the park, and it has Disney roots. They could have a lot of fun with old-timey black and white effects, too. I think it would be a real winner.

Love this idea! We miss the steamboat willie movies in the room....

Main Street Jim
04-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Ummm, not sure when you were at DHS last, but this hasn't been there since....2004 (eight years ago). Almost all of the "old" Backlot tour was removed to make way for the LMA (Lights! Motors! Action!) stunt show arena.

'Bout the only thing left on the tour is the "Harbor Attack" water cannon/special effects thing, the Costuming building, and Catastrophe Canyon.

MickeysBestPal
04-05-2012, 12:20 AM

The Golden Girls house was, well, uhhhhhh...

Let me put it this way--

Didn't you ever wonder how their house (exterior) could be at the Studios when the Golden Girls show was already on the air 3-4 years before the Disney/MGM Studios was built?

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-05-2012, 08:01 AM
A Little Mermaid water attraction would be cool...

DonaldDuckUSA
04-05-2012, 08:13 AM

Let me put it this way--

NOOOOOO! HAHA. It's okay. It was outdated long before they removed it. I just love that show.

And Main Street Jim, I went to HS not long ago, but I wasn't visiting that attraction for years.

Stu29573
04-05-2012, 01:32 PM

Let me put it this way--

Didn't you ever wonder how their house (exterior) could be at the Studios when the Golden Girls show was already on the air 3-4 years before the Disney/MGM Studios was built?

Weirdly enough, I never thought of it! Lol.

disneynarula
04-05-2012, 03:03 PM
I don't know if it needs to be a water attraction but that park really needs something else besides the Backlot Studio tour. I used to love that attraction. I still go on it, but I don't enjoy it as much.

I wish there was a way to fix the current backlot tour.

AmandaChan
04-05-2012, 03:35 PM
I am seriously curious if they will ever get rid of Michael Bay's involvement in that attraction. I really could do without him... and seems like it's wayyyyyy overdue for a revamp. I really don't mind the water thing so much. But the last time we were there, the guy was talking so fast and it was distorted you COULD NOT understand one. single. word. he said. I think they are starting to get tired of doing the same routine all of the time. CHANGE IT! The backlot tour, though. The actual tour... I don't mind it so much. I like just sitting in something and being carted around and I like having an attraction you can relax on for a little while. Not every attraction has to be amazing.

LudwigVonDrake
04-07-2012, 11:11 AM
I say they take out of the Indy stunt show and replace it with something along the lines of the Indy ride in Disneyland. That would make me happy :mickey: