PDA

View Full Version : Tickets with left over days

disney obsessed
04-04-2012, 09:49 AM
I have never done this and I was wondering how this works.

My friend wants to buy a leftover ticket. There are two days on the ticket. How does this transfer considering the finger scan? Is this even possible? I do not want her to waste her money only to buy new ones if they do not work for her. she would not be happy.

PopPhan
04-04-2012, 09:57 AM
DON'T DO IT!!!

Tickets are NON-TRANSFERABLE!

Since the inception of the MYW ticket, and the biometric scan, any used ticket cannot be used by anyone but the original person 'scanned'

MickeysBestPal
04-04-2012, 10:22 AM

My friend wants to buy a leftover ticket. There are two days on the ticket. How does this transfer considering the finger scan? Is this even possible? I do not want her to waste her money only to buy new ones if they do not work for her. she would not be happy.

What kind of ticket?

How old is it?

btharvey
04-04-2012, 10:27 AM
I believe, all you can do is go to Guest Services and ask. I think you'll be turned down, but you can always ask. Don't know if you can add 'non-expiring' to it ... if you can, I would.

Mendelson
04-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Believe it or not it is against Florida LAW. :rolleyes: The theme parks have some sway in that state, huh? Can't even give them away.

(One of the very first things I ever commented on on Intercot many moons ago was this issue, and I had no idea it was against Disney rules or that I was proposing ideas to "cheat" the system...and someone very sanctimoniously cited the law to me, chapter and verse. Non transferable!)

Although Mickey's handcuffs are cartoonishly big, and you'd probably be able to slip away pretty easily, but still.....

TinkerbellT421
04-04-2012, 11:35 AM

Is your friend attempting to buy a "leftover" ticket from an unknown person off a site like Ebay or Craigslist, or even some stranger on FB. I would advise do not do it! There have been many times where people have bought "left over" day tickets on such sites and have been scammed, there is no way to get your money back either because they chalk it up as your loss seeing it clearly states you cannot use such tickets anyway. So therefor no one is responsible for your friend getting scammed except for herself. Some people may sell them innocently "thinking" they have left over days because for whatever reason they may not know they expire after 14 days without the no expiration option.

I wouldn't trust anyone enough to spend any sort of money for "left over" park day tickets. Too risky to be worth it.

If she was getting them off her mom or sibling then maybe. But somewhere off the internet or a stranger or even a barely known "acquaintance", not worth it. In my opinion of course.

wdwfansince75
04-04-2012, 12:18 PM
"Free" is not "Free"...Free means someone else, staying within the rules, is paying for the "Free" or discounted days. Disney knows most of the ways people have tried to beat the system....including getting expired or "days remaining" tickets, and selling them to people trying to scam the system....who usually get scammed themselves.
I know, the remaining days were already paid for...at a cost that was consiously discounted by Disney as an incentive for a particular person...and clearly marked "non-transferable". For all of us who purchase multiday passes....the potential cost to us of continued and widespread use of this way around the full price would be for Disney to charge the same price for day 5 as for day one...would sure cut down the crowds at the park!

disneynarula
04-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Bad idea!

Dopey's Girl
04-04-2012, 01:38 PM
This is against Disney's policy, and is usually a huge scam. It states right on the ticket that they are non transferrable.

I saw a family of 4 turned away for trying to use tickets they had 'won' in an online auction. The tickets supposedly had 4 days left on them, but when they tried to use them, not only were there no days on them, but the CM said even if there had been days, they couldn't use them because of the scanners. It was the saddest thing I have ever seen in the parks. I know the parents were just trying to save money, but it ended up costing them their vacaton.

disney obsessed
04-04-2012, 01:42 PM
thank you for the responses! I just got back from lunch with her, I"ll call and let her know. the ticket is from another acquaintance but it defiantly sounds like a bad idea.

natstroop
04-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Plus, don't the parks still have the thumb scanny thingy? When we went in Oct 2010, I just passed the tickets out to DH and kids, not knowing that it mattered which one was which. The CM made us each scan until we matched out own ticket and then I had to right our names on them so it wouldn't happen again. So how could someone get in anyway even if there was remaining days on it?

joonyer
04-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Plus, don't the parks still have the thumb scanny thingy? When we went in Oct 2010, I just passed the tickets out to DH and kids, not knowing that it mattered which one was which. The CM made us each scan until we matched out own ticket and then I had to right our names on them so it wouldn't happen again. So how could someone get in anyway even if there was remaining days on it?

They couldn't. Even if a relative gave them the ticket, and it had non-expiring days left, it couldn't be used by anyone else. That's why it's such a bad idea to pay money for a "leftover" park pass. Might as well flush your money.

Main Street Jim
04-04-2012, 08:36 PM
True story:

Back in...2002...I worked at the turnstiles at the front of Magic Kingdom. Family of about eight comes up to the gates. First, Dad tries to run his ticket. "Expired". Mom's ticket next. "Expired". "May I see the rest of your tickets, please?" Tried to run them all - every one of 'em expired.

"But we bought these on eBay!"

"Ah. Just a moment, please."

Called my manager over to have 'em all checked out. Sure enough, no days left on any of 'em - all eight "multi-day" (10-day) tickets.

Turned out, this family had tried to save some money by buying these tickets off of eBay, so they could stay at the Contemporary. NOT A SINGLE one of the tickets were any good. "But they said they had days left on them!"

"Who said?"

"The person we bought them from."

Only way to find out if there's days left on any park tickets, is to take them to either Guest Relations at the parks, or a resort front desk.

They had spent "only $800" on eight 10-day hopper passes (which, at that time, were like $450 each or something like that). Guest Relations comped the family one, 1-day pass each - not really much else they could do - because, "they felt sorry that the family had to go through that" (embarrassment) at the front of the park.

Even those "ticket places" out on US 192 in Kissimmee are very rarely legitimate places - especially the ones out on front of the convenience stores or restaurants. They "take a driver's license" as a form of "collateral" for you to purchase "leftover" days on park tickets. You get your license back when you bring back the park tickets. :(

Bottom line - as everyone else has stated - the park tickets are non-transferable - especially with the biometrics.

And, like someone else pointed out, when you and your family use your tickets for the first time, the Cast Members at the front gates are supposed to make you sign the back of the ticket(s), so they don't get mixed up and you don't have to re-scan your finger(s). :thumbsup:

disneynarula
04-05-2012, 03:43 AM
I think the old, old, tickets were transferable. Remember when they would stamp the front with a library stamp? That was back in the day where all the multiple day tickets were park hoppers and they never expired. We actually found one a few years ago in an old drawer and we used it.

I would never buy used tickets now. As other posters said they are non transferable and a total scam. Only go through places like AAA or other official businesses.

Some of the people selling discount tickets on auction sites are from time shares and you have to sit through a presentation to get the tickets. They are serious "hard sellers" and very rude when you say "no" to a purchase.

lawgirl
05-03-2012, 06:03 AM
I don't think there is any way for her to use your old one. They almost always scan our fingerprint and I'd hate for her to get to the gate and not be able to get in! Better to just buy a new ticket!

PETE FROM NYC
05-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Back in the day, DW and I would purchase tickets on our last day in anticipation of price increases. These were the old style stampable tickets, all non-expiring hoppers. Over the years we had accumulated around 15 days for each of us. Some were labelled World Passport, some were from the Magic Kingdom Club, some were from the days before DHS and AK existed. We even had a few days from DWs deceased parents, which had their signatures.
For our trip in 2009, we finally decided to use these old tickets. Guest Relations converted all of them to the new ticket media with no problems.