PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT after Illuminations to MK

Katzateer
04-04-2012, 08:47 AM
We will have one park day at Disney our April trip and I have it planned except the evening.

What is the fastest way to get to the MK after Illuminations? I am thinking the WS exit, take the boat to a EPCOT resort (probably Boardwalk) and take a bus?

Or should we walk back to the main park entrance and take the monorail.

MK's open until 11pm that night and I am not worried about rides-just ending the day at MK. I love just being on Main Street at night.

TinkerbellT421
04-04-2012, 09:09 AM
The fastest way would be to walk to the Boardwalk and take the bus. I would skip the boat and monorail all together. By the time you get to the monorail and there will be a ton of people leaving via monorail it will be crowded and extremely time consuming. You will get to the Boardwalk faster walking than taking the boat. So I would enjoy the nice stroll and hop on a bus from there :cloud9:

Disney Doll
04-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Agreed. Walking is faster than boating especially at the end of day mass exodus. Walk to Boardwalk and bus to MK.

jbernardis
04-04-2012, 10:37 AM
I also agree. I've done this myself and practically had the bus to myself. A much better way to go.

Katzateer
04-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Sounds good!:thumbsup:

Thanks!:mickey:

Jillirose
04-04-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm confused - why would you walk to Boardwalk and not just hop the bus at BC?

TinkerbellT421
04-04-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm confused - why would you walk to Boardwalk and not just hop the bus at BC?

It's basically the same thing. Beach Club and Boardwalk typically share the same bus anyhow.

Main Street Jim
04-04-2012, 08:19 PM
I would say it depends on where you're watching Illuminations from.

If you're anywhere from say, UK to Germany, maybe, head out the International Gateway, walk to Boardwalk, then a bus.

Anywhere from Canada (clockwise) to Mexico/Norway/China, head out the front gate, Monorail to MK.

Red Randal
04-12-2012, 04:50 PM
If you're STRICTLY concerned with SPEED here, I would say your best bet is to walk to the Boardwalk and hop in a cab to the Magic Kingdom. That's bound to be faster than waiting to get picked up in a bus at 9:30 at night and then getting taken from resort to resort picking people up before finally making it to the Magic Kingdom.

Also, just make sure you're parked at the TTC and not the Epcot lot because I don't think you'll be able to get back to Epcot via monorail after 11pm when MK closes.

MickeysBestPal
04-13-2012, 05:17 PM
hop in a cab to the Magic Kingdom. That's bound to be faster than waiting to get picked up in a bus at 9:30 at night and then getting taken from resort to resort picking people up before finally making it to the Magic Kingdom.

Boardwalk is likely the last resort stop before heading to MK in a shared route.

Fastpasssteve
04-14-2012, 12:38 AM
If this is your one and only day in the parks, I like the idea of walking to Boardwalk and then taking a cab. This isn't the right time to gamble with a busing situation.

Red Randal
04-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Boardwalk is likely the last resort stop before heading to MK in a shared route.

Key word there is "likely."

I would mostly be concerned with a bus even picking people up. I've never had experience with this. Do the busses even bother picking up at a resort that late at night? I feel like they'd be likely to turn their sign off, drop off, and then pick people up for Downtown Disney or get sent by dispatch to another resort's stop at a park where there is a long line waiting for a return trip.

MickeysBestPal
04-15-2012, 12:28 AM
I think it might be prudent to note that there is no cab to the MK gates available.

The cab drop-off point for MK is at TTC.
Then, to get to the MK gates requires a monorail or ferry ride.

If a cab is taken heading to MK,
the closer route would be a trip to the Contemporary,
followed by the 8 minute, or so, walk to MK's gates from there.

As to whether a WDW bus would pick up guests at a resort
and take them to an open park, the answer is yes.
And, in this case of getting to the MK gates from Boardwalk,
that would be the most direct route.

Red Randal
04-18-2012, 02:39 PM
If a cab is taken heading to MK,
the closer route would be a trip to the Contemporary,
followed by the 8 minute, or so, walk to MK's gates from there.

:thumbsup: Good call!