PDA

View Full Version : What are good snacks at Animal Kingdom?

natstroop
04-03-2012, 06:14 PM
I found a lot of good snack ideas listed for Epcot and Magic Kingdom, but what about Animal Kingdom? Anything a "can't miss" there? When we went last time (Oct 2010) it was so horribly hot, we used all our days' credit on bottles of water. (That was before we found out we could get free ice water at any location.)

Kairi_7378
04-03-2012, 06:59 PM
We enjoyed a mango lassi in Africa last September. I know that some of the stands sell frozen Cokes, fresh fruit, and cupcakes, but I am not sure where. We also like using the snack credits for onion rings at Flame Tree BBQ.

ElenitaB
04-03-2012, 10:19 PM
My favorite snack at AK is the frozen chai latte they have at the Royak Anandapur Tea Company. :tasty: Stuff is soooo good,

E-OR
04-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Last September my son wanted something to snack on while we were over by the dinosaur ride. At Dino Bite Snacks he got a cookie ice cream dessert. They were freshed baked chocolate chip cookes (or oatmeal or sugar) with whatever kind of ice cream you wanted between. He was just saying a couple days ago he couldn't wait to get one on our trip in a couple weeks. I think I am going to get one as well. Oatmeal cookie w/vanilla ice cream sounds so yummy!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Like someone said the onion rings at Flame Tree are yummy...my son got a very good funnel cake at a place in Camp Minnie-Mickey too

zipadeedoodah
04-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Yummy Root Beer Floats in Camp Minnie-Mickey! I've also heard recently they have a stand that sells jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzels outside of Kilimanjaro....must try that in September!:tasty:

natstroop
04-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the ideas. My DH loves onion rings. The kids always like a good cookie and ice cream. And I looove funnel cakes.

Disney Doll
04-04-2012, 11:02 AM
I've never had one, but ever since I heard about the jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzels at the Harambe Fruit Market I've been looking forward to trying one. They also sell apple slices with caramel dip that's pretty good.

BhamWriter
04-04-2012, 12:31 PM
I've never had one, but ever since I heard about the jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzels at the Harambe Fruit Market I've been looking forward to trying one. They also sell apple slices with caramel dip that's pretty good.

The jalapeno cheese-stuffed pretzels are excellent. My youngest son, 24, loves them and makes sure he gets them when he's at WDW. They have them now at Epcot, too.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Shesh - taking notes for our trip in June - but I'm very glad that I ate lunch before reading this thread.

SBETigg
04-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Yak and Yeti quick service has chicken fried rice for a snack credit, and an order of two spring rolls for a snack credit. When I'm with my husband, we'll get them both and share. It's a nice little meal for two snack credits.

mom2morgan
04-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Shesh - taking notes for our trip in June - but I'm very glad that I ate lunch before reading this thread.

LOL - me too! But I could find room for a Frozen Chai Latte....

BraddyB
04-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Yak and Yeti quick service has chicken fried rice for a snack credit, and an order of two spring rolls for a snack credit. When I'm with my husband, we'll get them both and share. It's a nice little meal for two snack credits.

I totally agree, my wife and I have done this too !!
Probably one of the best values you can get for a snack credit.

SBETigg
04-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Also, Kusafiri has amazing brownies and cupcakes for snack credits, like the famous white elephant cupcake, which is a chocolate cupcake filled with mousse and german chocolate filling and topped with buttercream and a large white chocolate elephant.

2MuchWDFun
04-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Also, Kusafiri has amazing brownies and cupcakes for snack credits, like the famous white elephant cupcake, which is a chocolate cupcake filled with mousse and german chocolate filling and topped with buttercream and a large white chocolate elephant.
:ditto:
Yes, the White elephant cupcake is so rich and yummy--we shared it between two of us!:yay::dance:

tjstrike
04-08-2012, 01:12 PM
There's a stand across the walk from the Tusker house that has really good chocolate shakes. :thumbsup: