PDA

View Full Version : Embassy Suites Anaheim

green ranger
04-03-2012, 02:34 PM
We are trying to plan our first DL family trip! Has anyone stayed at Embassy Suites Anaheim or know anything about it and it's location to DL? I have absolutely no idea of the area. DL hotels are out of our budget so we have to stay in the neighboring hotels. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

tinkwest
04-03-2012, 03:23 PM
I have stayed at Embassy Suites elsewhere and been very satisfied. Make sure if you consider the Embassy Suites Anaheim that you specify South not North. While the South property is about three long blocks to DLR the North property is closer to five miles.

Quadstriker
04-03-2012, 04:27 PM
That Embassy suites is a fine hotel in a good location to DL. Shuttle bus easy to use, etc. All those hotels on that corner right there (Embassy, Hyatt, Marriot, Crowne Plaza etc.) are great. Want a meal after the parks? Walk over to Red Robin or Joe's Crab Shack.

That's my super tip for families going to Disneyland. Go to Priceline.com, select 3.5 star and above in the disneyland - anaheim south territory. You will get one of those nice hotels at a great price - great access to DL and gives you more cash to enjoy in the parks.

NewDVCowner
04-03-2012, 05:35 PM
I would also recommend looking at Google street view around the DL enterance on Harbor. There are several hotels there that are litlerally right across the street and are closer to the parks than some of the DLR hotels. I've stayed at the Tropicana and Del Sol for about $160 a night, and have heard that the Best Western Park Vue is a very nice one as well.

DVC2004
04-03-2012, 05:47 PM
I've stayed in Embassy Suites elsewhere and they've always been good. We will be staying at Embassy Suites Anaheim SOUTH, as above mentioned, in May for the first time. Normally we use our DVC points to stay on property but didn't have enough this time. SOUTH is closer as mentioned. I wish I could tell you more but we have just under 60 days until our trip. It looked nice to me, newer and was also a Disney Good Neigbor Hotel. I liked the suite option because we have teens and also the full breakfast in the morning that they have complimentary. We are looking forward to our stay. I don't mind it being a few blocks away because the benefits for us for this particular hotel made the most sense.

green ranger
04-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Thank you all so much for your input. You put me at ease a little about staying off property. I just didn't know what the area is like right outside of DL. If anyone has more to share, please do so. It's very much appreciated!

Laughin' place
04-26-2012, 02:05 PM
we are arriving 6/16 for an 8 day stay. we are splitting time equally between the DLH and Homewood Suites. I originally chose Embassy South, but my travel agent got a huge run-around from them, after she referred me there. It took them days to work with her on my reservation, and they kept screwing it up. She got very disenchanted with them, and I ended up at Homewood. It is also nearby and has breakfast and suites for my 2 teens and I . Will have to see how it goes.

DVC2004
06-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Well we stayed at Embassy Suites South for 3 nights. Overall a nice experience but not very close to the parks. You could take the bus or a cab. We opted for cabs just because we didn't want to wait around. I would think you could walk there but after a long day I don't think I would want to do that walk back. And definitely not with kids.

The room was very spacious and it does include FULL breakfast, not continental. Options were pancakes, cereal, fruit, bacon, eggs, and alot more including made to order omelettes. It's the same at all Embassys. If you timed it wrong though there was a huge line. One morning my husband got up and took our orders then just brought it all back up to the room to eat. I know they had free drinks (wine/beer) at night but we were never there during the time it was offered.

It was nice for an off property stay, but there are several places closer if that is what you are looking for. Room seemed recently renovated, too.

green ranger
06-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Thank you for the review! We will be there next week! What were the hours of the breakfast? I'm assuming it's best to get there when it first opens to avoid the long lines.

DVC2004
06-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Thank you for the review! We will be there next week! What were the hours of the breakfast? I'm assuming it's best to get there when it first opens to avoid the long lines.

I think it's 6:30 am- 10:30 am on Mon- Fri and Sunday starts at 7:30. It's hit or miss with the crowds- my husband said there was a line of people waiting right at 6:30 before it opened, but he went back around 7 and there was no one. This was the day he got our food. The day before I think it was 8 or 8:30 when we went down. But, it was Memorial day weekend too so it may have been mor crowded than usual. People also like to hold tables which is unfortunate because another family could have eaten and left by the time their person in line got back but what can you do. You can see right into the lobby from each floor so it's easy to check the crowd level. Enjoy! It was anice stay and the room could not have been better.