PDA

View Full Version : Wine Country Trattoria Inside DCA

DVC2004
04-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Has anyone been here recently, or even not that recently? Would you recommend it or is it nothing special? Trying to decide if we should eat here while visiting or if we should skip and do a sit down at DTD or one of the resort hotels instead. We are open to lunch or dinner.

Also, if you liked it what's good here? I saw lots of pasta, but is there anything that is not to be missed?

Thanks!

tinkwest
04-02-2012, 04:54 PM
I ate there about a year ago as my option for the World of Color Reserved Viewing. The menu for that was just slightly different. I believe DH had the lamb shank. I honestly can't remember what I had. Both of us enjoyed the Italian Wedding Soup. Our three course dinner included a dessert sampler so we were able to taste a bit of everything (all good).

I have eaten here several times over the years and it has been very hit and miss. For one thing the menu seems to change a lot. Our first visit was great! We eagerly returned only to find a totally different menu with none of our favorites and so were disappointed in our second meal. And so on. Our last visit, mentioned above, DH declared the meal the best he had eaten anywhere at the Resort. So . . . I guess I'm saying based on our most recent experience I would recommend it.

DVC2004
04-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Ok thank you. Maybe we'll wait until we are there to walk up and look at the current menu to see what they are offering.

BrerGnat
04-02-2012, 06:57 PM
I vote skip it.

In the 10+ years that I was a local, I never ate there. There are too many better options. If you want Italian food, Naples in Downtown Disney is really good! I'd recommend Naples or Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen at DtD for better dinner options. If you really want to do the World of Color package, Ariel's Grotto has the better meal.

Carol
04-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Must do for me. I've eaten there many, many times and have never had a bad meal. Their pasta dishes are wonderful. Great marinara sauce.