PDA

View Full Version : Test Track...

olivegirl
04-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Can someone tell me if Test Track is down for refurb? I read that the ride will be down indefinitly. But I was just reading trip reports and the poster said that they rode test Track without using Fast Pass on March 31. We will be in Disney in 7 days and my DD LOOOOVES this ride!!!

DizneyFreak2002
04-02-2012, 02:49 PM
No, Test Track is not currently closed for refurb... It should be closing April 16th though, and isn't expected to reopen until the Fall, possibly by Oct 1, Epcot's 30th anniversary...

olivegirl
04-02-2012, 03:24 PM
WOOOHOOO we will be there 4-9/417 just in time before it closes for refurb!!!

MickeysBestPal
04-03-2012, 09:46 AM
No, Test Track is not currently closed for refurb... It should be closing April 16th though, and isn't expected to reopen until the Fall, possibly by Oct 1, Epcot's 30th anniversary...

Maybe.

I know that there was a recent (yesterday?) mention of this in the Orlando Sentinel.

However, this may very well be the same rumor, perpetuated by an "assumption"
from a Disney "spokesperson" (not a Disney AUTHORITY) based the same early-January 2012 informational announcement.

As for me, I always base my refurb info on a very trusted
(and time-proven-accurate) refurb info source.
According to that source, there is as yet no TT refurb start-time scheduled.

That confirms that there has yet to be an announcement from a Disney AUTHORITY at this time.

My disclaimer:
Test Track could close at any time (April 16, or any other date.)

However, it makes little sense that there is no word from a legitimate Disney authority when we are now only about a dozen days out from the "expected" closure date.

If TT does close on April 16, we have to chalk that up to a failure of Disney to
communicate important information to guests via the expected and proper channels.

ETA:
If Disney is closing TT on or about April 16, the advance CM work schedules should reflect that very soon.
We should hear from CM's who are being reassigned from TT to other attractions due to the pending refurb.

That would be a great source of reliable info 1-2 weeks in advance.

As always, stay tuned.

Super Ninja
04-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Maybe.

I know that there was a recent (yesterday?) mention of this in the Orlando Sentinel.

However, this may very well be the same rumor, perpetuated by an "assumption"
from a Disney "spokesperson" (not a Disney AUTHORITY) based the same early-January 2012 informational announcement.

As for me, I always base my refurb info on a very trusted
(and time-proven-accurate) refurb info source.
According to that source, there is as yet no TT refurb start-time scheduled.

That confirms that there has yet to be an announcement from a Disney AUTHORITY at this time.

My disclaimer:

However, it makes little sense that there is no word from a legitimate Disney authority when we are now only about a dozen days out from the "expected" closure date.

If TT does close on April 16, we have to chalk that up to a failure of Disney to
communicate important information to guests via the expected and proper channels.

ETA:
If Disney is closing TT on or about April 16, the advance CM work schedules should reflect that very soon.
We should hear from CM's who are being reassigned from TT to other attractions due to the pending refurb.

That would be a great source of reliable info 1-2 weeks in advance.

As always, stay tuned.

Why do fans have to create conspiracy theories to explain why balonga rumors created by the guess work of low level CMs are actually right? I don't know. I think this has less to do with Test Track and more that people at a certain other forum think they have "inside info" that doesn't really exist. As people have pointed out, the refurb was already officially announced. It just wasn't re-announced or whatever the forum posters wanted after the rumor mill started churning. I think it's a lot to do with the negativity of the fanbase, that everything will be canceled or something.

MickeysBestPal
04-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Why do fans have to create conspiracy theories to explain why balonga rumors created by the guess work of low level CMs are actually right? I don't know. I think this has less to do with Test Track and more that people at a certain other forum think they have "inside info" that doesn't really exist. As people have pointed out, the refurb was already officially announced. It just wasn't re-announced or whatever the forum posters wanted after the rumor mill started churning. I think it's a lot to do with the negativity of the fanbase, that everything will be canceled or something.

I can guarantee that the "certain other forum" is not one that you think you're trashing.
The site I'm referencing is not a forum nor does it offer a forum.

BTMRR is in refurb.

The dates were announced and posted in advance by Disney.

There have been no refurb dates announced by Disney regarding Test Track.

My disclaimer:

Super Ninja
04-03-2012, 03:33 PM
I can guarantee that the "certain other forum" is not one that you think you're trashing.
The site I'm referencing is not a forum nor does it offer a forum.

BTMRR is in refurb.

The dates were announced and posted in advance by Disney.

There have been no refurb dates announced by Disney regarding Test Track.

My disclaimer:

No, they already communicated it. Multiple times now. I would chalk it up to the extreme paranoia of self-important online fans and their obsession with questioning everything.

MickeysBestPal
04-03-2012, 04:38 PM
No, they already communicated it. Multiple times now. I would chalk it up to the extreme paranoia of self-important online fans and their obsession with questioning everything.

The purpose of my post is to point out that Disney has not yet announced or posted any firm refurb dates for Test Track.

What untoward motive do you see in posting this information?

-------------------------------

Posted below is the information currently found
on the Disney World "Park Hours" page
for the (arbitrary) date of April 20, 2010-

(Note the information about Liberty Square Riverboat with the
significant date of April 16.)

---------------------------------------------

Disney's Hollywood Studios®

Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show - Closed For Refurbishment
[ Sunday, April 29 - Wednesday, May 02 ]

Magic Kingdom® Park

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Closed For Refurbishment
[ Sunday, April 01 - Sunday, May 27 ]

Liberty Square Riverboat - Closed For Refurbishment
[ Monday, April 16 - Sunday, May 20 ]

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - Closed For Refurbishment
[ Wednesday, June 27 - Thursday, June 28 ]

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park and Epcot®
have no "Closed for Refurbishment" announcements.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Again, I'm here to say that Disney has not posted any
Refurb dates for Test Track on or about April 16.

That seems like something worth noting.
-------------------------------

My disclaimer:

MickeysBestPal
04-05-2012, 09:23 PM

So, this poster is now banned.

I thought there was something extra nasty and unduly argumentative about these responses.

After searching out and reading many of his other posts on other threads, many (most) were equally nasty.

Plus, more than a few uses of the word "paranoia" and references to the idea of being "self-important."

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

DizneyFreak2002
04-05-2012, 10:18 PM
So, this poster is now banned.

I thought there was something extra nasty and unduly argumentative about these responses.

After searching out and reading many of his other posts on other threads, many (most) were equally nasty.

Plus, more than a few uses of the word "paranoia" and references to the idea of being "self-important."

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

I had fun laying the smack down on him in the WDW online Forums thread he created... Those kinds of members are fun... Can easily be made to look super silly...

Anyway, as far as TT goes, CMs get their schedule this Sunday for the following week, so they will know and we should find out then... Also, Disney did announce the closure in April on the parks blog... And all signs currently point to the ride closing April 16th... Of course things can change and it is strange Disney hasn't updated their own website... But their website is terrible anyway and is ALWAYS behind LOL... Not a very good source of information...

gottaluvtink
04-06-2012, 09:24 AM
All I know is I'm going in May, and as of now, there is nothing listed on the Disney web site refurb section about TT closing for refurb. I will continue to watch their site, and if and when they say it will close, THEN and only THEN will I know if it will be available or not in May. Sick of rumors.

MickeysBestPal
04-06-2012, 10:15 AM
All I know is I'm going in May, and as of now, there is nothing listed on the Disney web site refurb section about TT closing for refurb. I will continue to watch their site, and if and when they say it will close, THEN and only THEN will I know if it will be available or not in May. Sick of rumors.

Sorry to say that the "official" Disney site (and the one that I quoted in one of my earlier posts in this thread) is about the LEAST reliable place to check.

Its staff was axed about 2-3 years ago in a spate of mass "behind the scenes" CM layoffs, and the site has never recovered.

Sorry, but rumors are always going to be a part of Disney discussions.

--------------------------------
HOWEVER-
One indisputable situation, as an indicator, will happen this coming Sunday (Easter.)

The Cast Members schedule will come out that includes the April 16 date.

If many of the regular Test Track CM's are reassigned (or not) on that date,
we'll know something FOR SURE.

I figure by Monday, those CM's will be reporting their assignments...
Test Track, as ususal, or something else for them (indicating a closure of TT.)

Stay Tuned.

DizneyFreak2002
04-06-2012, 11:41 AM

The thing is, this really isn't a rumor. Disney Parks Blog confirmed back in January that TT was going down for a long refurb in April... And there really has been nothing to confirm otherwise...

Remember the days before the internet when guests never knew refurb schedules??? How the heck did people survive??? Oh, yea.. easily... :)

Janmac
04-06-2012, 01:08 PM
I remember reading about the TT closure as well. Then I read somewhere - sorry, don't remember where - that Disney and GM were in talks regarding GM's sponsorship. I think I read that the TT rehab was postponed. I think I even read, possibly postponed until fall.

Seems the final details were ironed out in late March (maybe?) and the TT rehab was back on again.

Hopefully somebody will post here about the CMs schedule as released on Sunday.

Jan

DizneyFreak2002
04-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I remember reading about the TT closure as well. Then I read somewhere - sorry, don't remember where - that Disney and GM were in talks regarding GM's sponsorship. I think I read that the TT rehab was postponed. I think I even read, possibly postponed until fall.

Seems the final details were ironed out in late March (maybe?) and the TT rehab was back on again.

Hopefully somebody will post here about the CMs schedule as released on Sunday.

Jan

There has been nothing official posted about any postponement, other than rampant speculation by online fans... The Chevy brand is now sponsoring TT... And the new logo has been released for some time already...

I mean, it is possible Disney has postponed it... It is possible the final product wasn't agreed upon... Maybe the Chevy GM brand revisited the plans and thought YOU ARE DISNEY AND THIS IS THE BEST YOU CAN DO??? But, from what I have heard, all signs still point toward April 16th...

I just hope, if the refurb is postponed, that when they do take the ride down, they don't cut so much out of the refurb just to get the ride open for October 1... Shut it down and fix EVERYTHING and do a complete refurb, not a typical TDO half-crocked refurb....

MickeysBestPal
04-06-2012, 04:22 PM
There has been nothing official posted about any postponement, other than rampant speculation by online fans...

I will give you a blank check made out to "cash" if you can find any official Disney announcement that mentions the date, April 16.

;)

DizneyFreak2002
04-06-2012, 06:06 PM
I will give you a blank check made out to "cash" if you can find any official Disney announcement that mentions the date, April 16.

;)

Posted after the announcement and taken from Disney's official announcement at that time:

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/test-track-2012-chevrolet-refurbishment/

Speculation started running when Disney failed to include the Test Track downtime on the website...

Like I said, it is possible TDO decided to delay the refurb... Anything is possible... But, from what I have heard and read, the target date is still April 16... But that doesn't mean they won't delay the refurb... Which is probably why nothing has been added to their site (also their site stinks when it comes time for information)... We will probably know come Sunday when CMs get their schedules for the following week...

If it is delayed, it wouldn't shock me one bit...

MickeysBestPal
04-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Posted after the announcement and taken from Disney's official announcement at that time:

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/test-track-2012-chevrolet-refurbishment/

Speculation started running when Disney failed to include the Test Track downtime on the website...

Sorry, but that blog link is not a Disney site.

Disney has yet to make an official announcement of a start date for a TT refurb.

DizneyFreak2002
04-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Sorry, but that blog link is not a Disney site.

Disney has yet to make an official announcement of a start date for a TT refurb.

The dates came from Disney in their official press release, which has since been pulled from their site... The dates weren't made up online... The dates came from Disney, and confirmed online by Test Track CMs... This whole REFURB IS CANCELLED/DELAYED/PUSHED BACK stuff was started by online fans, mainly one blogger, and has taken off... Especially since 1) Disney pulled their press release, 2) edited their Parks Blog to only say opening in Fall, and removed any reference to April (and yes, the blogs site did reference April as the beginning of the refurb), 3) the refurb is not listed on the operations calendar on their website... Oh and the Orlando Sentinel confirmed the April 16th closing date with Disney for a recent article...

Again, insiders are posting that the refurb is still scheduled to begin on April 16th... My friends have told me April 16... But, like I said, it doesn't mean management didn't decide on a delay and people (including my friend) have bad information, or at least not up to date information... it is very possible... It is weird how they have handled this... Very weird... We'll find out in a few days...

MickeysBestPal
04-07-2012, 10:39 AM
The dates came from Disney in their official press release, which has since been pulled from their site... The dates weren't made up online... The dates came from Disney, and confirmed online by Test Track CMs... This whole REFURB IS CANCELLED/DELAYED/PUSHED BACK stuff was started by online fans, mainly one blogger, and has taken off... Especially since 1) Disney pulled their press release, 2) edited their Parks Blog to only say opening in Fall, and removed any reference to April (and yes, the blogs site did reference April as the beginning of the refurb), 3) the refurb is not listed on the operations calendar on their website...

There has never been a
DATE
posted by a Disney official.

That's been my (very precisely-stated) point in my every post.

The closest to a DATE coming from Disney (and even that came from, more-or-less, a "chatty" announcement (back in Jan.) is "April."
(Not April "16," just April...) and, as you said, even that "announcement" was pulled,

No trying to argue. Just trying to keep things straight.

DizneyFreak2002
04-07-2012, 06:30 PM
There has never been a
DATE
posted by a Disney official.

That's been my (very precisely-stated) point in my every post.

The closest to a DATE coming from Disney (and even that came from, more-or-less, a "chatty" announcement (back in Jan.) is "April."
(Not April "16," just April...) and, as you said, even that "announcement" was pulled,

No trying to argue. Just trying to keep things straight.

No arguing, but you keep insisting Disney never released a date when, in fact, they did... they did release in April 16 in the press release... That is where the date came from, then confirmed online from fansite members who are TT CMs, saying they have been told by management that April 16th is the confirmed date... And just a few days ago, the Orlando Sentinel confirmed with Disney that TT is going down on April 16th...

The date is not a date made up by people online... it is a date provided by Disney... Why they pulled the press release is anyone's guess... Maybe they put out the wrong date, maybe they decided to delay the refurb, maybe they were premature with the announcement and the refurb isn't agreed upon yet... Who knows...

I'll give you the Disney Parks blog only stated April.... But the press release gave a firm date, which confirmation from Disney in the Orlando Sentinel article...

Here is a portion of the article:

Despite Internet speculation of a delay, Walt Disney World says an overhaul of the Test Track attraction in Epcot is moving forward as planned.
A spokeswoman for the resort said the attraction, which is underwritten by General Motors Corp (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/topic/ORCRP006407.topic)., will shut down April 16 for an extended renovation. The redesigned ride is to reopen in the fall with a new theme focused on GM’s Chevrolet brand and a new automotive-design center.

A spokesman for the resort said as planned, April 16.. if that isn't Disney confirming the date, I don't know what is...

DizneyFreak2002
04-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Edit: removing content...

Well, tomorrow should be the day we know from the CMs about their assignments...

I have a feeling we are going to find out the is a delay, especially since BTMR is now delayed into May... I can see TDO not wanting two major attractions down during the same time...

Renfairwedding
04-08-2012, 12:32 AM
We will be there in Agust and my DD LOVES Test track.

Can someone just confirm if and when this will happen with any of the Disney Transportation Bus Drivers.

Sorry I just had to.

DizneyFreak2002
04-08-2012, 01:01 AM
We will be there in Agust and my DD LOVES Test track.

Can someone just confirm if and when this will happen with any of the Disney Transportation Bus Drivers.

Sorry I just had to.

No, but I can confirm with my neighbor who is a Twitter follower of a cook who works for Fridays who walks the dog of a cousin of a CM and she confirms TT will be down for a refurb in August...

Actually, even if TT is delayaed until May, I would expect it to be closed in August...