PDA

View Full Version : Almost Disney, but not

ImagiAsh
04-02-2012, 01:16 PM
On my way to work this morning, I found myself listening to the 40s station on Satellite Radio because it reminded of the music that plays on the queue to Tower of Terror. :mickey:

What non-Disney things remind you of Disney or get you excited for a trip to the world?

Jillirose
04-02-2012, 01:31 PM
I love the 40s on 4 for that reason! Also bought the soundtrack from Midnight in Paris... We play it while making/eating dinner - feels like walking around World Showcase everytime :thumbsup:

DVC2004
04-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Ha ha, we were somewhere the other day, can't remember even where now but it was somewhere ordinary, and my son said it smelled like Disney World. He was referring to the baked goods smells they pump out on Main Street. Still can't remember where this was...???

Dopey's Girl
04-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Ha ha, we were somewhere the other day, can't remember even where now but it was somewhere ordinary, and my son said it smelled like Disney World. He was referring to the baked goods smells they pump out on Main Street. Still can't remember where this was...???

I love when that happens!!! There is a candy store near me that reminds me of the smell of the bakery. I will admit from time to time, I just go there to smell.

olivegirl
04-02-2012, 02:32 PM
My DD and I walked in a Macys and we smelled what we think smells just like walking into the Grand Floridian!!! We were in heaven!! :cloud9:

zipadeedoodah
04-02-2012, 02:48 PM
There is a small waterfall in the lobby at my work...and the smell of it reminds me of splash moutain... *sigh* 158 days...

Sylvia
04-03-2012, 07:58 PM
I was eating lunch at the local mall last weekend. One of the counters, Charley's, offers Gourmet Fries that are almost Figaro Fries (remember them?); the only thing missing is the chopped tomato.

Anyway, I'm enjoying my lunch, imagining that I'm at the MK, thinking about what I'm going to do for the rest of my day. Then, I noticed something that convinced me I really was at the MK.

Chick-fil-A's mascot was walking around the food court, greeting kids. Did I mention that kids were running after the mascot for a photo?

But, I had to face reality. I was in Exton, PA, not the MK, and I had to go home to clean the kitchen, and feed the cat.

It's a good thing I already have a trip to WDW booked in 36 days, otherwise, I'd be emailing Wendy right now for a new reservation. :blush:

LudwigVonDrake
04-15-2012, 11:49 AM
I was walking through the parking lot of a grocery store recently and I smelled something that reminded me of Big Thunder Mountain. I don't know what it was but I was transported to WDW immediately :mickey:

kcrc
04-16-2012, 09:01 PM
We enjoy going to the Rita's Ice by us. Whenever they have pineapple ice, we get a "gelati" with the pineapple ice and vanilla ice cream. To us, it's the closest we'll get to a dole whip for awhile!