PDA

View Full Version : Strange experience with car service

Janmac
03-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Made reservations with a car service - name withheld - yesterday. We need to go from Amtrak Kissimmee to WDW. The fellow at the car service touted Orlando Amtrak so much I agreed we could use that station.

Talked to Amtrak after that and decided we really did want to use the Kissimmee station rather than Orlando.

Called the car service this morning to switch. First the man called Amtrak all manner of "lying" etc etc (I can't even remember how many adjectives he used - an amazing number and didn't even get into bad words) for" misleading" me into using the Kissimmee station instead of the Orlando station.

When I insisted on Kissimmee the man refused to go there. Said there was a war on between Orlando and Kissimmee and Kissimmee showed no hospitality and he was not paying a dime to Kissimmee even for a cup of coffee.

I was completely amazed. Wish I could remember all his language - he was quite articulate. When he wound down he said he was cancelling our reservation and good luck with Kissimmee.

Whew! Does anyone know what this man is talking about? I wasn't stuck on using that car service anyway and wasn't a bit unhappy to be looking for another car service after that.

But - a war on between Orlando and Kissimmee?!? :confused:

Not sure that this is the place to post this - apologies if it has to be moved.

Jan

faline
03-31-2012, 02:46 PM
Very strange. Apparently, this car service has some very strong opinions and, if he can afford to turn away business....

Ed
03-31-2012, 02:52 PM
I've lived in the area for ten years, and have never heard of or seen signs of any kind of "war" between Orlando and Kissimmee. Reading between the lines, I can't help but wonder if this particular company has been pretty much 'banned' from Kissimmee's Amtrak station for one reason or another. :shrug:

Have you tried Intercot's sponsor, Quicksilver Tours (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/) ?

Janmac
03-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Thanks, Linda, for putting this post where it belonged. :blush:

Ed, thanks for your input. I was thinking the same thing - he's been banned from Kissimmee for some reason.

I did try Quicksilver and got a machine. Kinda wanted to talk to a person so I called another company. I had some time to make phone calls; sometimes the return calls are at an inconvenient time, especially when doing child care.

Jan