PDA

View Full Version : Cheese Plates

shortcake311
03-31-2012, 03:02 AM
I love cheese, so I'm a sucker for a good cheese plate. :cloud9: My husband and I will be dining at Chefs de France and Narcoosee while we are visiting in October. We're on the DP, so I was wondering if these cheese plates are worth paying OOP for. They look simply delicious! Thanks in advance. :)

Epcyclopedia
03-31-2012, 03:38 AM
I want to say yes, by indirect experience..

I loved the cheese plate I had at Artists Point (honey comb!) and the food from Bistro de Paris (which shares a kitchen with Chefs).

So.. by their powers combined I like to think the cheese plate would totally be worth it.

Actually - I went and googled it. The one from Narcoosees looks a lot like the one from Artists Point so I totally vouch for that. The one at Chefs looks a bit more "standard" if that's possible - more the brie, etc.. that most places have, a bit less exotic, but still good cheese. It's more "classic cheese plate" stuff. The stuf the Narcoosee and Artist Point are offering art the artisinal type cheeses.

If you're not at all into a cheese you may not want more than a pea size bit of in your mouth at a time due to the strength you might not like it.

Edit: I figured out a good way to explain the difference.. you melt down the Chefs cheeses and you have yourself one high end awesome mac and cheese. The Narcoosee cheeses on the other hand are the type you'd shave off a tiny bit and garnish some grand culinary masterpiece with. Does that make sense? They're good cheese all around, but one type lends itself for mass consumption moreso than the other.

wildernesslady
03-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Since you will be there during F & W festival, I would recommend the cheese plate from the cheese stand. We enjoyed it and were able to use a snack credit for it. It was a great mid afternoon snack.

Kairi_7378
03-31-2012, 10:54 AM
I haven't been to the restaurants that you are going to, but we have had the cheese plate at the CA Grill several times. We have always used the DDP and we were able to get it as either an appetizer or dessert while on the plan. (During this last trip, we got it as an appetizer, and split a dessert.) You may be able to do the same thing at the restaurants you are visiting.

I like the suggestion of getting a plate at the F&W Festival, too.

greengeen
03-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Just wanted to mention two other places that have cheese plates that I really like - Rose & Crown at Epcot, and Victoria Falls Lounge at AKL Jambo House. The Victoria Falls plate is from Jiko, and it is soooo worth it!

SBETigg
03-31-2012, 12:37 PM
California Grill has my favorite cheese plate. But the cheese plates everywhere are pretty much worth it. They all do a pretty good job with the cheese plate. You can get it as dessert in some places, like Narcoossee's.

MinnieMommie
03-31-2012, 02:01 PM
The cheese platters are great at both places. I found the cheese pieces to be generous at Chefs and quite traditional in general. The suggestion to try the cheese platter at the F&WF cheese stand while in Epcot is a good idea. You can also get a cheese platter at Boulangerie Bakery (although not comparable to a TS restaurant but fine enough). My favorite cheese platter at WDW is the one at Jiko. The portions were small but I thought the highest quality and delicious. :mickey: