PDA

View Full Version : AM or PM EMH..which one is busiest?

natstroop
03-30-2012, 11:21 AM
We've never taken advantage of EMH before. We didn't buy park hoppers and so just avoided the days altogether because of what people say about crowds on those days. We were throwing around the idea of maybe hitting a park on an EMH day (still without hoppers) and was wondering if there is a significant difference in crowds between AM or PM EMH days? Or are they both equally busy? We will be doing Epcot in two days this time around, so maybe we'll take advantage of EMH on one of those days. We're going the first week in December if that helps any. Thanks!

shadowden
03-30-2012, 11:52 AM
You get more time from the evening EMH vs. the morning. Mornings are only 1 hour before whereas evenings are generally 3-4 extra hours.

As for crowds... it's hit or miss. I've crowds during both times. And I've seen very little people during both times.

goofy-4-disney
03-30-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm not a morning person, so we generally take advantage of the night time EMH's. When we've done the EMH at MK we've had to deal with very light crowds. We've walked right on to Splash Mountatin, BTMRR and had a very short wait for Space Mountain. Best part of the night is that you don't have to fight the heat of the sun!

wickedgin
03-30-2012, 01:44 PM
I think evening EMH is busier. It's easier to stay later than it is to get up early. But, as a PP said, morning EMH is only an hour. If you're a morning person, I recommend going to morning EMH. If you're not a morning person, I think you have to decide if getting up early is worth the potentially lower crowds--although, during the first week of December, maybe the crowds are low regardless? We tend to go at peak times, so being at the parks first thing in the morning makes a big difference. It may not be the same situation during that time of year.

Aurora
03-30-2012, 03:13 PM
We would always do morning EMH parks because you get to experience more in those first few hours than in most of the rest of the day. It makes up for any crowds later in the day.

However, on our last trip, we took the advice of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World and avoided the park with EMH day, instead showing up to another park right before opening. We will never do this again. We may have picked an unusually crowded week last year, but we'll be going back to EMH days on our next trip.

Scrappy2
03-31-2012, 04:22 PM
I think nights seem to be more crowded durning peak times at Disney. As the other parks close everyone with park hopper starting coming into that park. I do love the extramorning hour at most of the parks. Last time we did the morning at Epcot is was very crowded tring to get in the park. We spent 30 min of the extra hour in line just trying to get through baggage check and the main gate. It was a very crowded week over all though.

Melanie
03-31-2012, 04:25 PM
Pm!

JRocker
04-01-2012, 04:05 PM
We love EMH.:number1:

From the times that I've gone, I would say that the parks seemed the busiest following an EMH morning, as opposed to to prior to an EMH evening. With exception to EPCOT. That one seems to be a very popular EMH park, population wise, morning or evening.

LudwigVonDrake
04-01-2012, 05:54 PM
The evening EMH thins out as it gets later. I'm not a morning person so evening EMH are my preference.

Riding Big Thunder Mountain at 3:00 in the morning is awesome :D

ImagiAsh
04-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Seeing as I am not a morning person, I can not contribute any information for the early EMH. :blush: However, I have participated in the evening EMH quite a few times (in both peak and off-peak seasons). I have to say, those nights were the most memorable nights of my trips to Disney World. My experience has shown me that the park tends to stay fairly busy for the first few hours of EMH, but as it winds down to the last hour and a half, sections of the park are virtually empty. My favorite EMH was at MK. During the last hour of EMH, I felt like I was literally the only person in Frontierland. It was an amazing feeling -- one of those moments where I could only wish to freeze time. :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
04-02-2012, 12:48 PM
During evening EMH on a solo trip I was the only person on a boat in Pirates. Awesome memory :pirate:

jaredkari
04-02-2012, 10:58 PM
We generally lean towards morning EMH. As others have said you can get more attractions in during that short period of time than during the rest of the day. Early EMH usually starts at 8am and the crowds really build up by 10-10:30am so you got a good 2 to 2 1/2 hours of fun. We usually stay til 11am get an early lunch then head back to the resort to swim then go somewhere else in the evening. I guess I am not a night owl but we have stayed for evening EMH and it just seems so overly crowded. I think you are going to have to stay until that last hour like 1 or 2 in the morning to really feel like you have the park to yourself, but even then I doubt it. We usually stay for evening EMH not to hit the big attractions but to just wander through the parks. The parks are always better at night anyway! :mickey:

Quadstriker
04-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Late at night when the kiddies are in bed is a win for you.

Disney Crazy
04-03-2012, 01:19 PM
We have done both. For us, it depended on the age of my DD. When she was young, mornings were better! (She was up anyway... so we just went!) :thumbsup: Now that she's a teenager... nights are best! (She is up anyway... so we just go!) :silly: