PDA

View Full Version : First time not getting our 7 month resort:(

phlo8810
03-29-2012, 07:33 PM
So we could only get the last five days of our stay at the boardwalk. Really bummed. But we are going to split stay. First 5 at bay lake and last 5 at bwv. Question does Disney or dvc offer a ride to get to the other resort? Has anyone done this?

sassafras
03-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Bell services will get your luggage moved for you. That being said, you have to get yourself from one resort to the other. We went from the AKL to Carribean Beach via Hollywood Studios where we changed to the CB bus. Kind of roundabout way but it got us there.

phlo8810
03-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Thank you. I couldnt imagine the 7 of us putting our luggage on the monorail or bus to move. Good to know.

phlo8810
03-29-2012, 08:32 PM
One more thing. We always use gardengrocer and will have groceries. Will they take them as well?

wildernesslady
03-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Yes they will take it all except the refridgerated items I think. I would probably bring an extra bag to transport the groceries.

Aurora
03-29-2012, 08:59 PM
I hear more and more how hard it is to get the Boardwalk or Beach Club during the Food and Wine Festival. I'm surprised you got five days at the BWV without waitlisting. Congrats!

Are you going to try the waitlist anyway?

phlo8810
03-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Yes we are waitlisting for BCV and BWV. We are somewhat disappointed that we will not be at the BW for our whole trip. It has become a family tradition to eat at the flying fish our first night and california grill our last. Looks like we'll be reversing that this year. I've been telling my family how lucky we've been the last few years to get the BW and this year it finally happened. My wife is most disappointed because we just had a new baby and the BW is super conveinent for her to take breaks with the baby while I stay with the other two. My dad who uses a scooter is disappointed because he likes the freedom of the two parks he can get to without using transportation. The biggest loss is night time there is nothing to do at any other resort. The BW is always bustleing and exciting.

Aurora
03-30-2012, 09:19 AM
Well, don't give up hope. I know it's a stretch but it can happen. Sending you some :pixie:

Tinkermom
04-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Just an FYI... Bell services WILL hold/transport your groceries and refrigerated items. All of the DVC Bell Services have refrigeration storage. Transferring from one resort to another is pretty easy. Just pack up your stuff and call Bell Services. They will pick up everything and transport it to your next resort. We usually then head out to a park. At the end of the day we head to our new resort, check in and they bring up all of our luggage/food. :mickey:

Have you stayed at BLT yet? If not know that your dad can get to MK on his scooter as well. It is a pretty fast walk to MK from BLT. :)

MaresHappy
04-02-2012, 07:12 AM
Some more thoughts to make the most of your time while at BLT: There is a night-time movie outdoors at the Contemporary/BLT - similar to what BC has at its beach. We were at BLT last trip and enjoyed it very much - easy access as earlier posted for scooter over to MK; and easy access to the Contemporary (their quick service restaurant on the Concourse level has a nice variety of sandwiches, flat bread pizzas - take out option too!). We also liked hopping by boat over to WL for coffee in front of the fireplace - and their bike trail is very nice (read: flat!)! Still hope you get more days at BWV, or BCV...

Quadstriker
04-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Once we were switching between DVC resorts and a bellman offered to take us over in a DVC van. He got Hamilton for being such a nice dude!

Another time moving from OKW to Saritoga we rode with our luggage in one of their luggagey golf cart thingies. He got Jackson. We had so much luggage!

The bell personnel at the DVC resorts have never been anything short of amazing in my experience.

Checkers
04-03-2012, 09:40 AM
[QUOTE
The bell personnel at the DVC resorts have never been anything short of amazing in my experience.[/QUOTE]

:exactly:

Pirate Granny
04-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Last year we had a grand gathering in a GV at OKW...the bellman, brought 15 suitcases, 20 bags of groceries, bed rails, gate and 2 stools (rented offsite and delivered) AND our stroller broke and we has to rent from MAGIC STROLLER (part of owners locker). We tipped very well as 2nd floor, no elevator! He was the same person to come when we checked out...we gave him an unopened bottle of wine and he REFUSED a tip...said we paid him enough when we checked in! Talk about a super person...hope to see him again in June.

Christine
04-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Please don't worry if your wait list doesn't come thru. BLT is perfect for those midday breaks you need while you're in magic kingdom! And I cant imagine a more easily accessible resort that requires no transportation.
I think for you mk touring, you'll be beyond thrilled at BLT. For your Epcot MGM touring, you'll be happy at BWV.
As for night life, you have the electric water pageant, movies as mentioned, top of the world lounge, and maybe as a special treat, try a fireworks cruise! We did one in '09 and it's STILL one of our fave memories!
I would not be surprised if you may start a new tradition of BLT/ BWV split says from now on.

I agree with the aforementioned ppl- moving is a cinch! Easy peasy !

Have a super time!!

MinnieMommie
04-08-2012, 10:43 AM
The bell service at CR/BLT is among the finest I have ever experienced. If going from BLT to BW the transition should be smooth. On different occasions we (not just our luggage) have been transported from CR/BLT to other places. I have found the entire staff to be very helpful there. You might want to politely ask about this while you are there. You never know. :mickey: