PDA

View Full Version : Coolest place to relax

Jessie
03-29-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm trying to take some mental notes (and physical) on some cooler places, that are not attractions, where my girls and I can sit and relax for awhile. We will go back to our resort for real nap times, but I'm hoping for some quiet, out of the way breezy areas to keep us going in between those naps.

Dopey's Girl
03-29-2012, 04:41 PM
In MK, I love to hang out just outside of The Plaza. There are a number of tables right there with little umbrellas. It's fun to just sit and watch all of The Magic Kingdom walk by.

My other favorite is the benches along the lagoon in World Showcase. Any of them will do, it's just so peacefull to sit and watch the water there.

jwallace378
03-29-2012, 07:42 PM
There are some benches right on the Rivers of America across from the Haunted Mansion. Lots of shade and breezy. Good views of passing Riverboats, Haunted Mansion, and Thunder Mountain Railroad. Also, any of the benches on the lagoon in World Showcase.

phlo8810
03-29-2012, 09:45 PM
If your at Epcot stroll over to the beach club and lay on the beach. Or stroll the boardwalk.

In MK I do the same thing. Take the monorail to the poly for a relaxing beach break.

In DS I'll go watch the Indiana jones stunt show. One time I took the kids into the playhouse disney show thinking I'd get a nice relaxing break.Boy was I wrong. That must have been the hardest floor I've ever sat on.

AK If it's really hot I'll head to the Nemo show and take a nap.There are plenty of spots throughout Ak to rest. The bugs life queue is a good one or discovery island.

mymickeymouse
03-30-2012, 01:48 AM
The benches in front of starring rolls bakery are great, depending on their schedule, you can catch a performance of the street performers.:thumbsup:

A Big Kid
03-30-2012, 07:16 AM
MK : the "Car Barn." As you enter the MK, it is to your left. The Car Barn is the stable where the horses are housed that pull the Main Street trolleys. There is a table in there with one of those big checkers sets and a friendly attendant is always on duty.

faline
03-30-2012, 07:35 AM
Tom Sawyer's Island in the Magic Kingdom

c&d
03-30-2012, 08:31 AM
On the benches among the roses in front of the Plaza Restaurant.

E-OR
03-30-2012, 09:59 AM
My favorite place to relax at:
MK - People Mover - you can usually ride more than once without getting off. Nice breeze, you get to sit while still enoying a ride.
AK-a bench in the shade watching the monkies play
HS - By the lake eating an ice cream from dionsaur gerties
EPCOT - Anywhere there is shade, especially around the lake

LVT
03-30-2012, 04:15 PM
MK I have to go with Tom Sayer Island as well.
Porch and rocker.

datacot
03-31-2012, 04:50 AM
a nice sit down and chill in spaceship earth does it for me, :thumbsup:

Tina3176
04-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Ellen's Universe of Energy

AmandaChan
04-05-2012, 03:07 PM
tom sawyer island, the rocking chairs. when it's not too busy... also dh and i always used to like to sit and play checkers and no one was ever really around. one of the many reasons i love disney.. you can find places to escape and relax even in the middle of it all.

oh and second the people mover. officially one of my favorite attractions now. ds fell asleep in my arms and they let us ride it a couple more times while he slept :)

Tinkerbella16
04-06-2012, 09:43 AM
There are rocking chairs right on the river nearest to the exit of Big Thunder Mt, facing towards Liberty Square/HM. I always sit over there and it is so relaxing and quiet.

Also, any bench along World Showcase is always nice. :mickey:

BigRedDad
04-16-2012, 08:47 AM
I went September of last year and it was dreadfully humid. I always started to get chills around 1PM (yes, signs of heat exhaustion/stroke). I quickly learned my limitations.

MK: Any of the stores on Main Street. The Town Hall just to the right of the Entrance was a great place. Also, look for benches right at the exit of a store. The AC blows out and can cool you off nicely. Find a place where you can get wet as well. The little fountain back by Pinnochio's Village Haus allowed to soak your head or towel to cool down.

Epcot: There are many indoor places at the front. It is almost too hard not to find one. In WS, you have the countries and the shops at each. Many, many places.

HS: Many of the attractions are indoors and out of the heat. Lots of shady and breezy places. The shops of course are some of the better places.

AK: For one reason or another, I seem not to get overheated here. It could be because of the natural overhead canopies everywhere. It is easy to avoid the sun there. A trip down KRR always helps as well.

AJ Springfield
04-16-2012, 08:56 AM
I was experiencing a migraine-- took my Imitrex (prescription medication) and headed into the Tiki Birds. The noise was overwhelming with my headache, but it was cool and dark (which I needed). I think my brain was so overloaded that I feel asleep (kind of like babies in a crowded restaurant). Anyway- I woke up at the end and the medicine had done the trick. It was noisy, but cool and dark-- a welcome relief for the sun, heat and humidity.