PDA

View Full Version : Strange Question: How many attractions are two seat only?

Jessie
03-29-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm going with my two girls 6 and 4. We'll only be able to ride together on all attractions, so I want to hit up attractions where we can all fit across. Are there specific ones we'll have to avoid (obviously height restriction issues being taken into account - space mountain, splash mountain)?

ETA: Should have specified MK.

BrerGnat
03-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Dumbo may be a tight squeeze, depending on everyones sizes. I was able to ride that with my two boys up until they were about 3 and 5, and then we didn't fit anymore.

Most of the Fantasyland dark rides can accommodate 3 in a row, but if not, you can sit the 6 year old in front of you and ride with the 4 year old.

Splash Mountain is 2 across. No other way. You can sit your 6 year old in the row in front of you, if she is comfortable with that (there is a lap bar).

I can't think of many more that are only 2 per seat, except the bigger coasters (Everest and Rock and Roller).

whitney37354
03-29-2012, 01:17 PM
As long as none of you are overly Pooh-sized, :mickey: you can get on most of the rides together. I researched this before DH & I went to WDW with DD, who was five at the time.

I'll give you my family stats so you'll know if you can fit.

DH: 6'0", 250 lb.
Me: 5'4", 160 lb.:-o
DD: 42', 50-ish lb.

The only things we didn't ride together were the clam shells in Living Seas with Nemo, the cars on Tommorowland Speedway in MK, & Buzz Lightyear in MK. On those, DH & DD rode together, & I took the next vehicle alone. I was surprised that we fit together on Snow White's Scary Adventure, Peter Pan, & Haunted Mansion, but we fit! On Toy Story Mania there are four people to a car, back-to-back. DD & DH rode together, we me on the back alone.

I think you all should be fine! Have a great trip!

Jessie
03-29-2012, 03:07 PM
As long as none of you are overly Pooh-sized, :mickey: you can get on most of the rides together. I researched this before DH & I went to WDW with DD, who was five at the time.

I'll give you my family stats so you'll know if you can fit.

DH: 6'0", 250 lb.
Me: 5'4", 160 lb.:-o
DD: 42', 50-ish lb.

The only things we didn't ride together were the clam shells in Living Seas with Nemo, the cars on Tommorowland Speedway in MK, & Buzz Lightyear in MK. On those, DH & DD rode together, & I took the next vehicle alone. I was surprised that we fit together on Snow White's Scary Adventure, Peter Pan, & Haunted Mansion, but we fit! On Toy Story Mania there are four people to a car, back-to-back. DD & DH rode together, we me on the back alone.

I think you all should be fine! Have a great trip!

No we're all pretty average :D. Actually my four year old is a little bean pole. She's turning three on our trip and she could probably fit in my back pocket.

Thanks to both of you for the attraction break down!:thumbsup:

Main Street Jim
03-29-2012, 06:29 PM
At Tomorrowland Speedway, all three can fit into a race car. If the kids want to take turns driving, you can do what is called a "rider switch", and you'll get two complete laps around the twisting, turning curves of the Tomorrowland Speedway :) On the first lap, one child will sit behind the wheel. When you get back to the loading area, the Cast Member will stop your car, you'll switch drivers, and take another lap :)

**Be sure and notify the Cast Member that "groups" you into your loading "number" (load zones are numbered on the pavement). :thumbsup:

Jessie
03-31-2012, 11:00 AM
At Tomorrowland Speedway, all three can fit into a race car. If the kids want to take turns driving, you can do what is called a "rider switch", and you'll get two complete laps around the twisting, turning curves of the Tomorrowland Speedway :) On the first lap, one child will sit behind the wheel. When you get back to the loading area, the Cast Member will stop your car, you'll switch drivers, and take another lap :)

**Be sure and notify the Cast Member that "groups" you into your loading "number" (load zones are numbered on the pavement). :thumbsup:
I'm actually really glad you brought this specific attraction up. My 6 year old has been obsessively watching WDW videos on netflix and talking about the Tomorrowland Speedway. I haven't been on it since 99 so I couldn't remember what the seating was like. Thank you so much!

LudwigVonDrake
04-02-2012, 11:22 AM
You can fit all three in Pirates and Haunted Mansion. All three will fit in Buzz but someone won't have a gun.