PDA

View Full Version : Which would you pick - Counter service at Hollywood Studios or World Showcase?

Alpha Jeanie
03-29-2012, 07:56 AM
We will be at Hollywood Studios on a morning EMH day but on that day the park closes at 7:00 pm for a private event. We have an early ADR at Sci-Fi for lunch at my kids request (been there before, food was ...ok......but the kids remember the fun atmosphere and want to go back).

I trying to decide between eating at a Counter service for dinner at Hollywood Studios or leaving that park just before closing and heading to Epcot WS for a counter service dinner.

What are your favorite counter service locations at Hollywood Studios? Would you pick that favorite over going to World Showcase and eating at a counter service there? :confused: What are your favorite counter service locations at World Showcase?

Thanks for any info.

LarryBoy
03-29-2012, 08:07 AM
I would pick World Showcase in a heart beat over DHS. Hollywood Studios has I think the worst counter service options at WDW, whereas World Showcase has many good options.

TinkerbellT421
03-29-2012, 08:16 AM
I would pick World Showcase in a heart beat over DHS. Hollywood Studios has I think the worst counter service options at WDW, whereas World Showcase has many good options.

:ditto::exactly:

BayLaker25
03-29-2012, 08:22 AM
I agree HS counter service options are horrible I would choose World Showcase in without a thought. One of my favorites is the Mexico counter service, or I'm not sure but if they are still selling pizza by the slice a Via Napoli but that is a favorite too.

Tygger7
03-29-2012, 08:32 AM
I totally agree with the previous posters...the CS options are tolerable, at best. I would DEFINITELY head to World Showcase...anything in Epcot would be better than what you can get at DHS. The UK has excellent fish & chips, I believe you can get CS pizza from Via Napoli, and the CS at Japan is one of my favorites. I haven't tried the CS in Mexico, but it looked & smelled wonderful. Of course, my ALL TIME favorite CS is Sunshine Seasons in The Land....so many choices and the desserts are amazing.

KathyMO
03-29-2012, 08:41 AM
I would pick World Showcase in a heart beat over DHS. Hollywood Studios has I think the worst counter service options at WDW, whereas World Showcase has many good options.:ditto:

MrPeetrie
03-29-2012, 09:02 AM
I think everyone is dead on with their assessment of counter service options at Hollywood Studios. The Commissary might be the worst CS on property. Backlot Express is ok. The food on Sunset Blvd. was ok, too, but the wait was ridiculous.

There are so many better options at World Showcase.

Belle of the Ball 051411
03-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Another vote for World Showcase!

goofy-4-disney
03-29-2012, 09:59 AM
I too would choose to eat CS at World Showcase. More choices and better food in my opinion.

laprana
03-29-2012, 10:10 AM
I agree with everyone else...I'd head over to World Showcase for a CS meal! DHS has some of the worst CS places on property, IMHO. My favorite in WS is the CS at Mexico. I ate there in October and it was probably the best CS meal I had the entire trip! I also really like CS places at Morocco and Japan. :thumbsup:

retiredfigment
03-29-2012, 10:41 AM
World Showcase counter service. We always get Park Hoppers and often when at other parks end up going to Epcot to eat!

disneymomma2010
03-29-2012, 10:50 AM
:ditto:
If you are absolutely starving and decide you don't want to travel to WS, abc commisionary is probably the best pick at hs. I am not a fan of hs options either. If you can wait and have the energy WS would definatly be the better option, but if you are tired hs wont kill you.

LarryBoy
03-29-2012, 11:22 AM
:ditto:
If you can wait and have the energy WS would definatly be the better option, but if you are tired hs wont kill you.

If you are tired, the boat ride to Epcot from DHS is very relaxing, and the CS food is worth the trip. :D

Dragongirlx
03-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Another vote for the world showcase here. The range of options is great.

KatrinaJ91
03-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Another vote here for World Showcase...all of the CS places there are really good! HS is ok to pick up a quick lunch, but the food is just ok and we would never eat there for dinner unless we were doing TS.

Our fav CS at World Showcase are:
Mexico
UK
Morocco
Germany
Italy
Japan

(I could prob name all of them! lol)

Someone mentioned Sunshine Seasons as well. It is in The Land and it is one of fav CS out of all of the parks. That might be an option as well.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-29-2012, 11:42 AM
World Showcase - hands down!

Yorkshire County Fish Shop - England's CS - Fish and Chips

Tangierine Cafe - Morocco

La Cantina de San Angelo - Mexico

Tinkerbella16
03-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Another vote for World Showcase!

So many counter services to choose from.. basically they will have whatever you are in the mood for at that time and DHS doesn't have as many. I really like the American Adventure counter service, the China Pavilion counter service and Mexico too.

And if you choose not to go with World Showcase, Future World has great counter service places like Sunshine Seasons (my fave), Electric Umbrella, etc..

SBETigg
03-29-2012, 12:34 PM
We don't like to eat at Hollywood Studios for more than quick snacks if we can avoid it, and we usually do avoid it by heading to World Showcase. As pretty much everyone else has mentioned, WS is a much better choice. So many good choices there.

Dopey's Girl
03-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Another vote for World Showcase...Hollywood Studios has some of the worst dining options in all of WDW. I love the Fish and Chips...so yummy!

Maleficent_vf
03-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Not that you need another voice in the chorus, but...World Showcase! :number1:

badkitty
03-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Another vote for Sunshine Seasons in The Land. It is a mini food court with a lot of yummy options.

jans2kids
03-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Another vote for World Showcase or if your in the mood for a treat for dinner stop off at the Fountain Sweet Treats at the Dolphin hotel or Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club. They have great ice cream treats and they also have food such a burgers and hot dogs. You can ride the boat from HS to either one.

Disney Doll
03-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Hollywood Studios has the worst counter service on property. World Showcase hands down.

Kenny1113
03-29-2012, 06:12 PM
No question- WOrld Showcase

2MuchWDFun
03-29-2012, 07:20 PM
World Showcase - hands down!

Yorkshire County Fish Shop - England's CS - Fish and Chips

Tangierine Cafe - Morocco

La Cantina de San Angelo - Mexico

:muscles::eat::ditto:Our family's favorite is Tangierine Cafe--lots of tasty food! One CS meal can easily be shared by two smaller eaters. Love to end the meal with a piece of baklava.