PDA

View Full Version : Ohana Breakfast Vs Dinner

Airblue1
03-28-2012, 09:05 PM
I wasn't really looking to go to Ohanas. But this board has really gotten me thinking about heading down from Beach Club. So I ask o great Ohanaians. Which would u prefer Breakfast or Dinner?
Muchas Gracias

wickedgin
03-28-2012, 11:45 PM
We went to 'Ohana for both breakfast and dinner on our last visit. I preferred breakfast, but YMMV. We had a late breakfast reservation, so we had the place almost to ourselves. I loved the POG juice and the fresh fruit. Our dinner ADR was also late, but that made it all the noisier, even though we missed all of the coconut races. Our server was careless, letting the meat drop from several inches above our table and not seeming to care where it landed. Also, the dinner menu isn't all that appealing to me. I was really looking forward to the bread pudding, and I ended up not liking it at all. The grilled meat was good, though! I think my expectations were just way too high. By contrast, my expectations for breakfast were very low, so it was easy to feel that they were exceeded. If we ever do DDP again (or TiW), I'll probably give dinner another try, but I think I'd be reluctant to pay OOP for it.

DVC2004
03-29-2012, 11:17 AM
We prefer dinner. Breakfast is a character meal, which we have no desire to do. We love the dinner because it's all you care to eat (but served to you at the table). There's a little entertainment, and if you time it right (or are lucky enough) you can catch the Magic Kingdom Fireworks. The lights are dimmed and they pipe in music and narrative.

DANAM
03-29-2012, 02:22 PM
If I had to pick I would say Dinner! Dinner at 'Ohana is a tradition for us. We were there for one day last year and that's what we picked. But this trip I didn't want to choose and DH wasn't helping so we are doing both. We are so excited.

SBETigg
03-29-2012, 02:29 PM
I like dinner. I like breakfast, too, so it's a tough call. But I think dinner at 'Ohana is a uniquely Disney sort of experience, with the mood and the setting. The food has been good for us, but it's not why we go to 'Ohana. It's more about the atmosphere.

Fastpasssteve
03-30-2012, 03:15 AM
Dinner! Meat, meat, meat, glorious meat! Plus, at dinner you can get a Lapu Lapu, which is a drink served in a hollowed out pineapple! Deliciousness! Fun with a family or group. I would feel strange going to 'Ohana alone. :lei:

WDWRox
03-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Definitely go to 'Ohana for dinner.

I've seen the breakfast menu and there's nothing special there, but the dinner at 'Ohana is very good. My only wish is that they would bring back the caramel and pineapple slices for the dessert instead of the nasty bread pudding. There's a very good, fun atmosphere to the place, and the view across to Cinderella Castle is beautiful.

Peterpanflight
03-31-2012, 03:08 PM
We LOVE the dinner. Eat there every trip. We did breakfast once and will never do it again. Last time we went it was pretty much scamble eggs and potatoes. Very boring breakfast for the price IMO.