PDA

View Full Version : In Love with Disney........

olivegirl
03-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Well, we are now 10 days out until we start our Disney vaca!!! :cloud9: We are just over the moon that its finally here!! Its funny we vacation in Disney every year and we NEVER get tired of this place!!! Each trip is different then the last!! Some people say dont you get sick of the same old Disney??? OMG I alsmost get insulted as I say "no way"! To me its in our hearts! We are truly Disney fans through and through!!! I get up in the morning with Disney on my mind and through out the day my mind wanders of our upcoming trip! Does anyone else feel the same way!!!

BugeyedMuggy
03-28-2012, 03:37 PM
We know how you feel. We have gone on cruises and to Islands and it always feels like the same thing to do day in and day out. When we go to Disney we try to do at least one thing new, something we haven't done in a few trips and the things we love the most. We just booked a last minute trip and leave in 2 weeks. Everyone looks at us like we are crazy to go to Disney again. We haven't been since Dec 2011 and feel like it's been years. Some people just don't get it. You are not alone. Have a great time.

AmandaChan
03-28-2012, 03:47 PM
I know I made the same type of post lately, about being a huge fan and about how I can't wait to go back, but I know what you mean! DH and I talk about WDW every single day. When we are at dinner or something, we talk about which resorts we want to stay at next, where we want to eat next time..... etc.... we know how you feel! Planning and enjoying an impending disney vacation is a hobby in itself. We used to joke that the only reason we're having kids is so we can take them to WDW. Oh and both of our computers always has some type of desktop background (right now, the laptop is Pop century lobby and the desktop is somewhere in Epcot, can't remember. We change them out about every other week) Hope you have fun (of course you will)! :mickey:

vicster
03-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Count me in - going again in September. Our kids have grown up but we haven't!

Christine
03-28-2012, 06:18 PM
I know how you feel. We moved 1000 miles to he closer to Disney & ppl REALLY don't understand that!

I hope you have a wonderful vacation!!!

Briansmom
03-28-2012, 08:42 PM
For me, I have always been in love with Disney. However once our special needs son was born with autism and dev delays, we were not able to take him because of sensory issues. We went on two band trips with his older sister in high school and left him with grandparents....feeling terrible but knowing that he would be in pure misery. Then, in the Fall of 2007 when he was nine, we decided to try him at the State Fair to see how he did....well, lo and behold he absolutely LOVED it! As soon as we got in the car to leave, I said, 'It's time to take him to Disney!' So we took him in May 2008 and bless his little heart, he is as much of a fanatic as his mommy! :magic: We have been back every year since.....scrimping and saving to take him back to his beloved 'Disney Our World'. And, YES, we talk about it EVERY DAY multiple times a day! He is ready right now to go back but we wont be there until September....try explaining 6 months longer, buddy dude!!! He just looks at me with pitiful eyes...lol!!

Luckily I have three friends at work that are exactly like me so we can talk about it any time I want at work as well!!:cloud9:

I totally get you, OliveGirl!!

BrowncatP
03-28-2012, 08:52 PM
I see "hidden Mickeys" at work sometimes. I also plan on living in Orlando when I retire. One guess as to why I am choosing Orlando!

retiredfigment
03-28-2012, 08:54 PM
For those of us who love Disney, no explanation is necessary, for those who don't, no explanation is sufficient - their loss.

Tink#64
03-29-2012, 12:08 AM
I've given up on explaining our love of WDW to those that don't get it! My DS's have grown up going to WDW, DH & I had never been until our 1st trip with DS's 4 & 6! :jaw: The years that we go somewhere else for vaca, (this year we're going to Canada, NY & VA Beach) my DS's always point out that we could ditch those plans (we've done this several times!) and just give in & go back to WDW! :blush: DS's now 14 & 16 are already planning for us to go again next year, hoping that the FL expansion will be complete by then! I truly believe that they will always share my love of WDW! :cloud9:

olivegirl
04-02-2012, 02:41 PM
I see "hidden Mickeys" at work sometimes. I also plan on living in Orlando when I retire. One guess as to why I am choosing Orlando!

OMG me tooo! I can be out in public and I say "hey there is a hidden Mickey!!!

sweetsavannah
04-02-2012, 08:25 PM
I too get tired of people saying, " you're surely not going NEXT year again?!" to which I reply, "Yep! As long as I can afford it and (DD) is doing well in school (I pull her out)" The eye rolling and exasperation that follows gets under my skin. Why does anyone care? No one questions people who go to the beach every year!! Oh well, if everyone loved it as much as us, the crowds would always be unbearable! ;)
17 days and counting!!

pdrlkr
04-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink:

Terra
04-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Count me in!! I live 45 minutes from the magic it's wonderful every single time we go!! I never grow tired of it. Heck we just did an almost week long vacation back in March!! It's so fun!

Have a great time!

Jeniflower
04-05-2012, 08:06 AM
We love Disney, go almost every year and its a nine hour flight from London plus a flight the nioght before from Edinburgh. We didn't go last year for some now foolish reason and i am having serious withdrawal, going back in Sept. In the meantime, its counting Mickey toppers on cars, seeing hidden mickeys everywhere and lots of disney reading. it can't come too soon:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
04-09-2012, 05:03 PM
I go to WDW every year and NEVER get tired of it...EVER :mickey:

clou1028
04-09-2012, 05:16 PM
For me, I have always been in love with Disney. However once our special needs son was born with autism and dev delays, we were not able to take him because of sensory issues. We went on two band trips with his older sister in high school and left him with grandparents....feeling terrible but knowing that he would be in pure misery. Then, in the Fall of 2007 when he was nine, we decided to try him at the State Fair to see how he did....well, lo and behold he absolutely LOVED it! As soon as we got in the car to leave, I said, 'It's time to take him to Disney!' So we took him in May 2008 and bless his little heart, he is as much of a fanatic as his mommy! :magic: We have been back every year since.....scrimping and saving to take him back to his beloved 'Disney Our World'. And, YES, we talk about it EVERY DAY multiple times a day! He is ready right now to go back but we wont be there until September....try explaining 6 months longer, buddy dude!!! He just looks at me with pitiful eyes...lol!!

Luckily I have three friends at work that are exactly like me so we can talk about it any time I want at work as well!!:cloud9:

What a wonderful story. I'm so glad you were able to take your son and he enjoyed himself.

dizneydeb22
04-09-2012, 11:00 PM

We also have a special needs son with sensory issues. We decided to try it when he was 6, knowing that it just might be a week at the pool! Boy did he surprise us! He too LOVES WDW and he tells everyone that they give him a "magic ticket" (GAC)when he goes! He is 12 now an the only thing we don't do are the fireworks. We watch from the beach so that he can see them, but not have to hear them!

Our son has inherited our "Disney" genes and we are so proud. I think I was destined to love Disney as I was born on Nov. 18! I am fortunate to have met an open minded, wonderful man who now loves it as much has I do, even though I had to drag him to WDW on our honeymoon, but then again, I had to drag him out!:mickey:

darthmacho
04-10-2012, 09:02 AM
I understand about the skeptics. They just don't get it. That's why these boards are so valuable to me.

All I've been getting since telling people about my 14 day WDW trip are comments like:

"That's a long time to stay at Disney."

"Are you going to Universal?"

"You should rent a house, it's cheaper."

"You should eat at (insert name), it's right in downtown Orlando, it's cheaper, and better than Disney's food."

"I'd much rather go to Aruba and sit on a beach all day."

All I can do is assume that they just don't understand. In a way, that's good, more room at the WDW hotels and more chances for me to get an ADR while these people are driving to downtown Orlando, Universal, or sitting on the beaches in the Caribbean. :mickey:

brownie
04-10-2012, 11:35 AM

"You should eat at (insert name), it's right in downtown Orlando, it's cheaper, and better than Disney's food."

To all those who question why, my response is 'Why not?'

clou1028
04-11-2012, 08:24 AM
I understand about the skeptics. They just don't get it. That's why these boards are so valuable to me.

All I've been getting since telling people about my 14 day WDW trip are comments like:

All I can do is assume that they just don't understand. In a way, that's good, more room at the WDW hotels and more chances for me to get an ADR while these people are driving to downtown Orlando, Universal, or sitting on the beaches in the Caribbean. :mickey:

I know what you mean. I find it funny because I know plenty of people who go to the same vacation destination year after year, places like Virginia Beach or Myrtle Beach, and rent the same vacation house year after year.

Living in Northeast Ohio, tons of people around here visit Cedar Point every year, no one seems to find that odd. Personally, I haven't been to Cedar Point since 1995. There's just no comparing a local theme park with the wonder and magic of Disney!