PDA

View Full Version : DVC banking and useage

AlwaysDisney
03-28-2012, 02:24 PM
I have points coming in Oct of 2012 that I want to use for a trip in late Dec/ early Jan that I will book now. If I have to cancel the trip in August, what happens to those points? Where do they go? Back into my regular use year or do I have to bank them or what? I am new to DVC as you can tell!! :mickey: So if anybody can help I would appreciate it. Thanks so much for your help!!

VWL Mom
03-28-2012, 02:53 PM
If I understand correctly you have points coming in October of 2012 that you want to use for a trip in Dec 12 or Jan 13.

If you book for December now and need to cancel in August, those points will still be in your Oct 2012 use year. If you don't plan on using them during your use year you will have until April 30 to bank them (dbl check the exact date on the member site)

FiggyFan
03-28-2012, 10:12 PM
VWL Mom is right that October 2012 use year points would return to your account, and all would be just as it was before you made the reservation. This is true as long as you cancel the reservation at least 31 days before the check-in date.

The banking deadline for October 2012 use year points is May 31, 2013.

If you have the 2012 Vacation Planner, you can find this info on pages 25 and 6.