PDA

View Full Version : ADR time before MK opens

cfoshe
03-28-2012, 12:52 PM
I know I have seen this question before, but cannot find. I am not new to WDW and ADRs, but first time booking an ADR before park opening. How does this work. We have ADR for Crystal Plalace in MK at 8:20 and park does not open till 9.
1. How early can we get in for our ADR, would love a few extra min. in MK when almost empty.
2. Where do we go to get in early, which side of entrance?
3. Input from follow Intercotees that have done this, is it extra Majical because your first in part and the place is empty?

I am just a little excited. :D

Strmchsr
03-28-2012, 01:57 PM
You go in the left entrance. Be sure to have your confirmation number to give to the CM. If your ADR is at 8:20, arrive at that entrance about 7:55 or so. There's usually a couple of photopass people on Main St to take your picture.

As for is it magical getting in before opening...it depends. Not especially for me. Nothing is open, there's nothing really happening so it doesn't have that "energy" of when it's open. It's nice to get a pic in front of the castle with only a few people, but that's the only real advantage to me. Now, other folks really enjoy it, so you'll have to gauge for yourself.

joonyer
03-28-2012, 02:03 PM
You get to walk through Town Square and Main St. with almost nobody else around, which is cool, but it's not like you get to tour the whole park or anything. And nothing is open yet, as mentioned. And you pretty much have to walk straight to Crystal Palace, although you can take a leisure pace and snap photos on the way. There will be some good castle photo ops. After your meal, you can head straight to whatever Land you want to go to first (assuming the park is open by then), and you'll be ahead of most of the crowds. It'll be "walk- on" to your favorite attractions; we usually head to FrontierLand after we've had an early ADR at CP, and can ride Splash Mountain (or BTMRR) 2-3 times with little or no waiting.