PDA

View Full Version : Tom Sawyer Paintbrushes

Kuzco
03-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Heard that the Paintbrushes on Tom Sawyers Island have been discontinued. Anyone know if this is true or false ???
Thanks

MickeysBestPal
03-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Heard that the Paintbrushes on Tom Sawyers Island have been discontinued. Anyone know if this is true or false ???
Thanks

The word is that they have temporarily suspended hiding the brushes until Big Thunder Mtn. is out of refurb and back in operation.

K8screen
03-28-2012, 09:49 AM
The word is that they have temporarily suspended hiding the brushes until Big Thunder Mtn. is out of refurb and back in operation.

Why does BTM's refurb make them not do the brushes?

Jim&AngieMarriner
03-28-2012, 10:02 AM
I agree with you K8screen, that makes no sense. It would be like saying there will be no Dole whips because the Tiki Room is under refurb.

Go ahead Disney, start the Apocolypse, I dare you. Stop selling Dole Whips. :thedolls:

zipadeedoodah
03-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Go ahead Disney, start the Apocolypse, I dare you. Stop selling Dole Whips. :thedolls:

haha That would cause a monstrous protest! :mickey:

Strmchsr
03-28-2012, 10:28 AM
It has nothing to do with the BTM refurb, but apparently the paint brushes have ceased. Whether temporary or permanently I don't know. The reason had to do more with safety issues. As always a few idiots ruin it for everyone and you had people rushing to the island and then tearing around the place trying to find the paint brushes and it created a safety hazard, both for the person running and the others around. In today's lawsuit happy culture, Disney doesn't take chances.

emmatink
03-28-2012, 04:07 PM
We asked 2 castmembers when we were there this past Feb and they said they no longer hide the paintbrushes. Of course they did not elaborate but definitely it is a thing of the past:(

Main Street Jim
03-28-2012, 05:47 PM
I still have friends down there :) I'll ask and see what I can find out.

PlutoPlanet
03-29-2012, 12:45 PM
I agree with you K8screen, that makes no sense. It would be like saying there will be no Dole whips because the Tiki Room is under refurb.

Your comment makes perfect culinary and scientific sense to me!

kohlby
04-01-2012, 03:59 AM
One of the rewards used for finding the paintbrushes is fastpasses to BTMRR - so they are related.

Strmchsr
04-01-2012, 08:21 AM
The paintbrushes stopped before the BTMRR refurb started.

waymickey
04-03-2012, 08:37 PM
I am very sad to hear that they have stopped the paint brushes. It was a hidden gem at the MK. A free scavenger hunt.:(

crltkcagle
04-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Well that stinks! My family and I found a hidden brush on our last trip and we will be there in 54 days and were looking forward to finding another one! That stinks!