PDA

View Full Version : Easter Basket Ideas?...

mickeys_princess_mom
03-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Hey, gang, I could use some suggestions, please! I'm doing several craft things to supplement this retirement income, and still be home with my grandprincess. Trying to make some Disney $$$ !:mickey: Someone decided I would be good at creating Easter baskets, and I liked that idea, so I am doing it!
What would be some good reasonable items to put in baskets for girls ages 2, 6, 8, and 11? Also boys 4, 6, and 8 who love sports? I have some ideas but need more and would welcome thoughts!
:thanks: :ebasket:

TheVBs
03-28-2012, 06:42 AM
This year I bought a bunch of stuff for our girls to make a fairy garden to put in one big basket for the both of them.

Sounds like a fun project! Hope you have a good time.

TinkerbellT421
03-28-2012, 08:17 AM
I see you are going to Disney in May in your signature. Do you want to make them Disney Easter Baskets? With the boys and girls, have you tried the dollar stores, walmart and Target dollar sections> There are some wonderful cute little nick nacks in those areas. One year I was able to fill an entire basket with stuff from Target. I grabbed a bunch of cute Easter themed socks for a dollar. They usually have Disney socks as well, they had some for boys with Wall-E, Cars, etc., even some comic book ones with spider man, etc. There are princess ones for the girls, they have all cool colored pencils and the little themed erasers to match. They have stickers. And of course can't forget the traditional candies :) A couple of chocolate Easter Bunnies and Peeps. If I come up with any others I will post.

mickeys_princess_mom
03-28-2012, 09:12 AM
This year I bought a bunch of stuff for our girls to make a fairy garden to put in one big basket for the both of them.

Sounds like a fun project! Hope you have a good time.

Ooooooh!! Love this! Thanks!

mickeys_princess_mom
03-28-2012, 09:15 AM
I see you are going to Disney in May in your signature. Do you want to make them Disney Easter Baskets? With the boys and girls, have you tried the dollar stores, walmart and Target dollar sections> There are some wonderful cute little nick nacks in those areas. One year I was able to fill an entire basket with stuff from Target. I grabbed a bunch of cute Easter themed socks for a dollar. They usually have Disney socks as well, they had some for boys with Wall-E, Cars, etc., even some comic book ones with spider man, etc. There are princess ones for the girls, they have all cool colored pencils and the little themed erasers to match. They have stickers. And of course can't forget the traditional candies :) A couple of chocolate Easter Bunnies and Peeps. If I come up with any others I will post.
Thank you so much! By the way, my grandaughter calls me "Tink"! :hug:
These are not actually my children, or grandchildren, :mickey:. I am being 'hired' to do these by some friends of my DD. Love shopping this way! :shop: I am definitely putting in as many Disney touches as I can! Spreading the :magic:!

TinkerbellT421
03-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Thank you so much! By the way, my grandaughter calls me "Tink"! :hug:
These are not actually my children, or grandchildren, :mickey:. I am being 'hired' to do these by some friends of my DD. Love shopping this way! :shop: I am definitely putting in as many Disney touches as I can! Spreading the :magic:!

Tink is my favorite :hug: Another one was when I was at Target last week they had a bunch of stuff in the dollar section for Easter and I just remembered there were these wicked cute liitle princesses and cars cardboard boxes but could be used for jewelry boxes for the girls or little trinket holders for them!

Janmac
03-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Cute hair trims for girls are good, especially littler girls.

Kids in our family have loved getting the smallest Lego items, that just make a motorcycle, or like that. But maybe that will be too pricey.

Also, since it's spring, flower seeds might be fun. Or perhaps some other outdoor stuff - small magnifying glass, and toy insects.

We like to do fun socks, the Legos, etc., since we don't want to promote candy much and kids don't seem to eat it much anyway.

Another thing good for maybe 4 yrs old is the small bubble makers. I saw some in Walmart the other day with the no spill tops. Didn't notice the price but they were small.

We have also used different items for Easter "baskets" like pails, with the shovels, etc., and some little tote like things. Stuff that can be repurposed by the child.

As was mentioned, the dollar section at Target is wonderful for ideas but sometimes you can just wander around the store, thinking outside the box.

Jan

badkitty
03-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Last week, the Dollartree had magic washcloths themed with the Disney princesses.

mickeys_princess_mom
03-28-2012, 10:30 PM
These are great! Thanks, folks! Keep them coming! :wave:

Disney Doll
03-29-2012, 05:34 PM
My boys are 2 & 4. Sidewalk chalk and bubbles are Easter basket staples at our house.

mickeys_princess_mom
03-29-2012, 06:47 PM
My boys are 2 & 4. Sidewalk chalk and bubbles are Easter basket staples at our house.

Yes! Have the bubbles, still have to get the chalk! :thanks: :wave:

buzznwoodysmom
03-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Not sure this would work for you, but here is something I did several years ago. One year I knew that all my nephews were going to the beach for their summer vacations. I normally made Easter baskets for all my nephews (didn't have any nieces at the time). That year I ordered beach towels from Pottery Barn Kids. They had a special with free shipping and free personalization. I ordered each child a beach towel with their name on it, rolled them up, and put them in sand pails instead of an Easter basket. I added dollar store sand/beach toys and wrapped the pail just like you'd do with an Easter basket, with the clear cellophane wrap and big bright bows. These baskets were such a hit with my family!!!

I've done similar things for summer birthday gifts, a big sand pail with swimsuit, summer tshirt, pool cover ups, flip flops, sunglasses, beach towels, beach toys, any combination of items kids use at the beach or in the summer. I've always received tons of compliments on these "gift baskets".

TheVBs
03-30-2012, 01:26 PM
If there's a Michael's craft store near you they also have $1 bins. I think they also have higher priced bins up to $5, but not sure. They have some Disney stuff in those bins, art stuff, etc.

For boys you could do a dino themed basket. There are kits where you can "excavate" your own dino bones, you could add plastic figures and maybe an inexpensive book on fossils or dinos. You could do a race car theme with Matchbox cars or similar, a racing themed baseball cap (Cars?), checkered flags.

For girls you could do a gardening theme. Seeds are usually inexpensive, some gloves, tools, etc. A princess theme should be easy to find inexpensive things for as well, tiaras, boas, sticker earrings.

mickeys_princess_mom
03-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Not sure this would work for you, but here is something I did several years ago. One year I knew that all my nephews were going to the beach for their summer vacations. I normally made Easter baskets for all my nephews (didn't have any nieces at the time). That year I ordered beach towels from Pottery Barn Kids. They had a special with free shipping and free personalization. I ordered each child a beach towel with their name on it, rolled them up, and put them in sand pails instead of an Easter basket. I added dollar store sand/beach toys and wrapped the pail just like you'd do with an Easter basket, with the clear cellophane wrap and big bright bows. These baskets were such a hit with my family!!!

I've done similar things for summer birthday gifts, a big sand pail with swimsuit, summer tshirt, pool cover ups, flip flops, sunglasses, beach towels, beach toys, any combination of items kids use at the beach or in the summer. I've always received tons of compliments on these "gift baskets".

Love, love, love this! cheer: Thanks!

mickeys_princess_mom
03-30-2012, 03:54 PM
If there's a Michael's craft store near you they also have $1 bins. I think they also have higher priced bins up to $5, but not sure. They have some Disney stuff in those bins, art stuff, etc.

For boys you could do a dino themed basket. There are kits where you can "excavate" your own dino bones, you could add plastic figures and maybe an inexpensive book on fossils or dinos. You could do a race car theme with Matchbox cars or similar, a racing themed baseball cap (Cars?), checkered flags.

For girls you could do a gardening theme. Seeds are usually inexpensive, some gloves, tools, etc. A princess theme should be easy to find inexpensive things for as well, tiaras, boas, sticker earrings.

My kind of stuff! Have done a garden theme before, actually put in clay pots and painted their names on them. Princess theme is a great idea! Thanks! :princess: