PDA

View Full Version : Total Attractions

zipadeedoodah
03-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Off the wall question, but I figured if anyone would know, my intercot friends would!

How many total attractions are there in the 4 parks at WDW?

MickeysBestPal
03-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Your question didn't get a fast reply because there's not really a simple answer to this question.

WDW has many exhibits, kiosks, shows and "points of interest," in addition to rides.

Some of these "not rides" are considered to be "attractions" by some, and not so much by others.

For instance, does IllumiNations count as an attraction?
Does Epcot's "Fountain of Nations" count?
Would you count each exhibit at Innoventions separately, or would Innoventions count as one attraction?
Do you count a Segway Tour, the Pixar Parade at DHS?
What about the Mickey Meet and Greet at MK, at DHS, at...
What about the Pirate's League or Bibbity Bobbity Boutique?
Do you count a themed restaurant like Sci-Fi Dine-In or 50's Prime Time Cafe, or Cinderella's Royal Table?
Do you count the Castle Forecourt Stage shows, or even the Cinderella Castle, itself?

So...
It's nearly impossible to put a (realistic) number-count on WDW "attractions."

PopPhan
03-28-2012, 11:24 AM
If you consider what is listed under the Park / Attractions on the WDW Online site, there are the following number of attractions at each park:

MK 37 (includes parades, Cinderella Castle, rides, shows, 'street performers', etc.)

EP 40 (includes rides, shows, 'fountains' [kids play area and "dancing fountains" @ Imagination Pavilion, 'street performers', etc.)

AK 23 (includes parades, rides, shows, 'play areas', 'street performers', trails, etc.)

DHS 20 (includes parades, rides, shows, 'street performers', etc.)

zipadeedoodah
03-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Thanks for your replies! Yes, I know its nearly impossible to know an exact number....I was just curious, really. :)

paragon
03-28-2012, 05:37 PM
how bout this for an answer.
47 SQUARE MILES worth of attraction.

AmandaChan
03-28-2012, 05:40 PM
that really isn't as much as I would have thought..

waymickey
03-28-2012, 07:19 PM
I would think there were more as well but... there are so many little things that Disney thought of when designing the park that the entire park becomes the attraction. Hidden mickeys, lost paint brushes, talking water fountains, walking trash cans, a vine that comes to life and so so so much more.